Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Right Now: June 15, 2010

Outside my window... it's hot. And humid. And hot. Also? There are humongous mosquitoes.

I am thinking... that whoever created Zicam Oral Mist should be given awards & accolades.

I am thankful for... quiet evenings at home.

From the kitchen... come surprises this week. There was no menu planned. There was a lesson learned though: I hate having to think about what's for dinner on short notice.

I am wearing... green capri cargo pants & my big comfy Pedroia stars & stripes Sox t-shirt. I do not match & I do not care.

I am creating... a mountain of tissues because my nose keeps running. I don't feel bad at all though, so I am not complaining.

I am going... to bed early tonight.

I am reading... Deep Drive: A Long Journey to Finding the Champion Within by Mike Lowell with Rob Bradford. I read all but the last half of the final chapter & the epilogue while waiting at the airport & then flying home. Could not stop turning the pages.

I am hoping... the Zicam keeps working.

I am hearing... the end of the baseball game. Man, I missed my Sox this weekend.

Around the house... there are small messes to be tamed. This is why I clean *before* I travel. Because I come home & make messes while I unpack, but the mess is that much smaller since it was clean to begin.

One of my favorite things... laughing with friends.

A few plans for the rest of the week... kick the rest of this (can't even really call it a) cold to the curb, get my hair cut & highlighted which it has needed badly for over a week now, and go out to dinner Friday before watching the Sox game from my usual perch on the couch.

A picture to share... of the not-quite-three-year-old who seriously blew my mind this weekend with how well he can hit. Not just off a tee, but with someone tossing underhand to him. And not little taps but home runs & line drives & grounders. In all directions. And? He switch hits. I kid you not. I'm going to inform Theo that he needs to draft the boy right now. He's going to be the Second Coming of Pedey's Laser Show. Mark my words.

1 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, June 17, 2010 3:10:00 PM  

gosh he looks a lot like you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP