Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Animal Kingdom: March 29, 2009












there is a new baby Colubus monkey! six weeks old. and so adorable!


see him peeking between mama's fur?






See the entire album: Animal Kingdom (2009)

22 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:21:00 PM  

Oh my goodness Dawn! I am in LOVE with those two gorilla shots! Especially with the first one! Amazing.

Unknown Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:04:00 PM  

Gaters!!!! RUN!!!! Just saw something on TV about how a female jogger was ambushed and chewed up by a gater while she stopped to rest near a pond. Happened a while ago but still I have seen way to many of the beasties in my hikes....makes me shutter with the thought....

Debi Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:58:00 PM  

What are those blossoms, Dawn? They are spectacularly beautiful! Awww, and I'm so in love with that bottom photo!

Anon Y. Mous Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:16:00 PM  

WOW!! did you get so close to take these pictures??? they are amazing. the red soxs pictures are great too

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:43:00 PM  

April: He has part of a head of lettuce in his hand in that first one! I could just watch them for the longest time.

Silly Marc, that's a croc! ;-) You mean you can't tell them apart? What kind of Floridian are you anyway?? LOL

Debi: Some kind of orchid maybe? I am not entirely sure. They were all over the place in the park though. There are so many moe gorilla photos in the web album too. She was really intent on picking apart those leaves & was very particular about what parts she wanted!

Thanks, Samantha. =)

Anon Y Mous: Thanks! Good zoom lens. ;-)

Chris parker Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:38:00 AM  

wow great pictures..!!they are amazing.

Unknown Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:13:00 AM  

Croc..gater.....all I see are BIG TEETH!!!!!
I might be a Floridian now but I'm a Nutmegger at heart ! :>)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:16:00 AM  

Yes well you are safe from these guys. Unless you jump from the jeep at Animal Kingdom. ;-)

gail@more than a song Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:39:00 PM  

Those are great pictures! Although the first one looks like you're a little too close! or you have a great camera, or both.

lmt1073 Thursday, April 02, 2009 2:15:00 PM  

i love the gorilla shots... primates are one of my favorite mammals.... you should check out my blog about how my baby looks like terk from tarzan

Daniel James,  Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:19:00 PM  

I love the photos of the gorillas. For some reason, they seem peaceful to me. They calm me and make my blood pressure go down. The one of the gorilla gazing into the blossom in his palm is very sweet and poignant in a certain way.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, April 03, 2009 11:35:00 AM  

Gail: I assure you, I was in a (slowly) moving vehicle, high above Mr Croc, with a good zoom lens. ;-)

lmt1073: I love watching the gorillas. The colubus monkeys that I also shared are amazing to watch as well. One of my very favorites to visit at Animal Kingdom are the gibbons. They really are all so fascinating to watch, the way they interact with each other & their environment!

Daniel: He was very intent on what he is holding, isn't he? The second one was eating some leaves and she was incredible. She would tear a piece off & look it over carefully, tossing some aside & deeming others worth munching on. There are a bunch more in the album if you follow the link just under the last photo in this post.

erin Saturday, April 04, 2009 7:17:00 PM  

I posted a comment the other day but it seems it didn't work so I will try again...

These pictures are amazing. Such good quality. What kind of camera do you have? I want one! There is a lot to be said for a good camera, but the person behind the camera makes a big difference too!

Thanks so much for the link under recommended reading on the right. I've gotten a nice handful of traffic from it! If you have a 125x125 link for your site that you'd like me to place on mine let me know and I'd be happy to put it up!

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, April 04, 2009 7:57:00 PM  

Erin: I'm sorry! I've been so busy weeding out the actual comments from all the spam. I hope I didn't accidentally delete you! Thank you for saying such sweet things about my photos. =) I use a Kodak Easy Share Z712. Good zoom, very user friendly. I have found that the keys to my good photos are taking many many many (I usually take 150 or so on a Disney trip & keep about 40 or so) and editing in Picnik. That & a little luck. ;-) I am so glad that my readers have wandered over to your blog from that link! First, because it was a wonderful post & second, I am happy my sidebars actually get noticed! I don't have a button at the moment but if I can get a link working, I will send it along to you. =)

Jeanne Saturday, April 04, 2009 8:21:00 PM  

God Dawn these are amazing. That shot of the gorilla looking at his hand! Love the monkeys too! You lucky girl to have this so close to you!

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, April 04, 2009 8:33:00 PM  

Jeanne: Thank you so much! You're making me blush! I agree that I'm very lucky though.

erin Sunday, April 05, 2009 12:01:00 AM  

That is funny, I pretty much use the same strategy when taking pictures. I'll take like 10+ of one thing and then there may be one fairly good one.

How did you do the sidebar thing for the recommended reading? Is that some sort of plugin? I see it is hooked up to Google Reader, which I already use, but not sure how you added it to your blog like that. I could just link to the public page but yours looks so much nicer! I think it's a great little feature.

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:55:00 AM  

Erin: In the top section of the sidebar on your Google Reader page is "Your stuff." If you expand it & then click on "Shared items," you will get all the blog posts you've selected the "share" option on, in the main pane. At the top of the main pane, to the right of the four style options, is some text. The last line contains a link to "Add a clip" which will take you a window that will allow you to build that widget. It will give you some color options, the ability to title the box, how many posts you want it to share & whether you want it to list just the post title or add the name of the blog below it. Once you get it set up the way you want to, you can paste the html code into your blog. Then anytime you select the "share" feature on a blog post in your reader, your little widget will update automatically on your blog.

Nguyen Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:41:00 AM  

hi, that's ochid, "Phalaenopsis Blullle" is not?, in here we calls "Hồ Điêp" mean " butterfly".
your photo great, i like ur blog! ^^

erin Sunday, April 05, 2009 10:57:00 PM  

awesome! thanks for the little turtorial. very helpful :)

Anonymous,  Friday, April 10, 2009 10:13:00 PM  

uhhhh hi i am colliene i need help i am very new here i dont know ANYTHING and am very stressed out how do you make your blog look so nice ? ? ? ? mine sucks BAD!! ! ! LOL (laugh out loud)

ps. how old are you? ? ? ? ?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP