Friday, October 24, 2008

Take5 Tuesday: October 24, 2008

hosted here

a wee bit behind. catching up.

1. 5 things you like about halloween.
baby costumes (hilarious!). pumpkins. candy in bite-size form. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! ghosts (the decorative variety only, please).

2. 5 things you don’t like about halloween.
damaging mischeif. people who do things to the treats that force us to be suspicious of every piece of candy in a child's loot. running out of candy too quickly. teenage kids/young adults that throw on nothing more than a mask with their regular clothes & think that qualifies as a costume. jack-o-lanterns that rot too quickly.

3. 5 of your favorite kinds of candy.
(staying with strictly Halloween candy here.) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. M&Ms. Twix. York Peppermint Patties. Hershey Bars.

4. 5 things you like that most people don’t.
organizing things. balancing my checkbook. history. grocery shopping. waking up early. (ok, that was much harder than i anticipated!)

5. 5 things you don’t like that most people do.
the show "Heroes". coffee. parties. roller coasters. pretty much any movie that ends up with a "cult following" (like "Clerks," for example).

10 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Friday, October 24, 2008 3:35:00 PM  

Great list!!! I quit watching Heroes this year and my mom is jumping ship now too - she said it's getting wierd. I don't like coffee either. :-)

justem Friday, October 24, 2008 5:06:00 PM  

Yeah...my "not" like of Halloween is WAY longer than my "do" like list!!

Rebecca Friday, October 24, 2008 5:56:00 PM  

Awesome! I'm totally snagging this for my Saturday Survey! :)

Taking the kidding costume shopping tomorrow.... :)

Anonymous,  Friday, October 24, 2008 9:31:00 PM  

ok, if i'm being honest, I loved clerks, but only because at the time it came out I worked at blockbuster video and everything about that movie IS SO TRUE!!!

Ted D Friday, October 24, 2008 9:36:00 PM  

I can honestly say I've never watched "Heroes". And I thought Clerks was WAY overrated.

Anonymous,  Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:33:00 PM  

I love your candy choices! When you say Hershey Bars, do you mean the standard chocolate ones or the miniatures? I love the miniatures.

I don't care what anyone else says, balancing your checkbook is a GOOD feeling. It's like we're saying to our money, "You're not the boss of us, we're the boss of YOU!" ;-)

As for cult movies, you did like Shaun of the Dead and Brick, don't forget!

Mega Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:12:00 PM  

daniel is right about the movies! Also, if you like Office Space, that's another "cult movie" (snicker snicker)

#4 has the best answers. I balance my checkbook and do all my budgeting with a self-created excel program. Nerdtastic = me

Nichole M Sunday, October 26, 2008 4:51:00 PM  

I maintain, despite Daniel's assertion that it's the worst form of torture: running for an hour at 0500 is one of my favorite things to do.

I vote for candy corn!!!

Mom Monday, October 27, 2008 10:30:00 PM  

Ok we are exactly the same on numbers 3 and 4 ! Are we sisters separated at birth? LOL

Debi Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:24:00 AM  

#4...With the exception of grocery shopping, I LOVE all those things! You know, I like thinking that I have more in common with you than I do with "most people" :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP