Sunday, October 5, 2008

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: September 2008

photo of me:


1) current candle scents: Sun & Sand. Autumn Leaves.

2) what i am currently reading: "America Alone" by Mark Steyn.

3) newest music i added my playlist: no new tunes. listening to the ones i have.

4) movies i saw: Brick. Soylent Green. License to Wed. Notorious. Then She Found Me. Tombstone. Must Love Dogs. Office Space. Burn After Reading. Because I Said So.

5) something yummy i made this month: salmon with a lemon butter sauce with steamed peas and wild & brown rice. sounds elaborate but i can't even share a recipe, it was that simple. i bought the fish ready to cook from the seafood counter! (sometimes the easy "cop out" cooking tastes sooo good though, purely because it was so effortless!)

6) the last place i ate out: Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

7) something that made me cry: i hate disappointing people.

8) something that made me laugh: "The uhhh...uhhhh... The uhhh uhhh uhhh..." (had to be there but definitely funny!)

9) something i looked forward to this month: va. ca. tion.

10) something i am thankful for: a hint of cooler weather. pretty soon, i will be reminded why i put up with hurricane watches & extreme humidity!

11) something i want to remember about this month: how to actually eat with chopsticks. this skill may have to be refreshed at regular intervals.

12) a photo i took this month:

my home away from home...

5 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, October 06, 2008 3:33:00 PM  

OMG! That was *so* funny. "The Uh Uh The Uh Uh Uhhhhhhh....." I'm glad you were there to hear that; now it can be referred to over and over again!

Nichole M Monday, October 06, 2008 10:37:00 PM  

What a neat picture of your room! And I am *so* glad I made Daniel take pictures of us on the ride. They came out pretty cute! Can't wait for you to come back!

Janet Tuesday, October 07, 2008 4:17:00 PM  

that's a cool shot! The Epcot Food & Wine Festival sounds cool, what did you try? I'll be using this Thursday for the T13 :-)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:32:00 AM  

Daniel: I want to know if his friends or peers give him a hard time about that. Ha!

Nichole: And now you know how I occupied myself when you guys were at work! LOL I am telling you though: that room is like an oasis. Instant peace & relaxation. I'm glad you made him take photos too! =) We always get to the end of someone's trip and realize we didn't take any, but not this time!

Janet: I'm so glad you do this every month too! =) I am working on a post about the Food & Wine Festival to be posted very soon. Complete with photos!

gail@more than a song Wednesday, October 08, 2008 6:52:00 PM  

That's a fun picture on the ride!
And so true about the effortless cop out cooking, the best sometimes!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP