Tuesday, October 28, 2008

eat, drink & be spooky!

it just occured to me, as i was thinking about Halloween and enjoying the brisk Autumn weather we've been getting the last few days (highs in the mid-70s but lows in the 40s!), and deciding that this might be a great weekend to venture over to Disney, that i never shared my *last* trip to Disney! ::slaps forehead::

i started off at Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. this year's theme is...


my first stop was Barcelona, Spain!

i tried the chilled tomato & garlic soup, and the seared tuna loin with spicy red pepper coulis and a piece of garlic herb ciabatta bread.

next up, New Dehli, India...

...for something sweet & refreshing: mango mousse!

and finally, San Francisco--one of the two U.S. cities featured this year (the other is New Orleans)...

...for a roasted beet salad with goat cheese with their recommended wine, Rosenblum Cellars Kathy's Cuvee Viognier.

there were *so* many yummy menu items to choose from! i had a really hard time picking. you can see the rest of the photos--along with photos of the menus for each country--in my Epcot 2008 album (it's all my Epcot photos for the whole year though).

EPCOT (2008)


and then i wandered over to Magic Kingdom to enjoy the Halloween decorations.









which leaves the remaining dilemma: do i visit Animal Kingdom this weekend, which i haven't done in a while, especially with cooler weather making the animals more active? do i head back to Epcot for another spin around the Food & Wine Festival (it runs through November 9)? do i hit Magic Kingdom one more time before the Halloween decorations come down? decisions, decisions...

16 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:43:00 PM  

I say, go with the food and WINE festival. Drink copious amounts so I can live vicariously through you. LOL And then next time you can do Animal Kingdom!

*krystyn* Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:12:00 PM  

Any park would suffice for me...but April stole my line - I'm living vicariously thru you, whichever park you go to.

And, please no reminders of your 70 degree weather - I'm freezing up here at 44!!!!! Boo!

Love the new banner! So cute!!!

Nichole M Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:13:00 PM  

You can pretty much predict my answer, right?

Food & Wine! Drink your way around the world! lol

Debi Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:17:00 PM  

So, you've been holding out on us, huh?!! Well, thanks for sharing them now anyway. :)
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...every one. But I really adore that one with the castle in the background!
(And adore your new banner, too!)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:41:00 PM  

Oh wow, I don't think I've ever seen many photos of Disney at this time of year. Very cool! And all that food looks and sounds awesome, how much fun is that, eating your way around?! :)

Ok, so you're going to take even more photos, yippee!!!

P.S. Love the new look for boo-time!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:04:00 PM  

I agree! There is just so much at the Food & Wine Festival that you have yet to enjoy. The cooler weather will continue and you'll be able to do Animal Kingdom soon. I'd go back to Epcot and enjoy something from New Orleans!

Ingrid Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:26:00 PM  

Oh! Those decorations are so cool! I'm dying to bring the kiddos down there some day :(

Drinking your way around the world...I'm not sure if I'd make it through Europe!

Catie Pearl Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:39:00 PM  

I love that one of the Scarecrow baseball player!

Heather Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:31:00 AM  

please enjoy for us...i came home to snow today. very very cold.

mimiscraps Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:47:00 PM  

How fun is that! Love the photos, the banner and the food! You're makin me jealous over here!I wanted to say hi too, it's been a while!

Jeanne Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:14:00 PM  

Dawn those are the most awesome pictures. Wish I could be running around down there with mouse ears on.
I agree on SATC. I rewatch the episodes and still enjoy them as much as the first time. And yes beyond the sex stuff.

Julie Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:21:00 AM  

I am so jealous!! I have never been to Disney-my mommy never took me :( although she has gone!!

Anyway, someday I will take my daughter! Can't wait, I love the halloween decorations!!!

Have fun no matter what you choose!!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:36:00 AM  

April: The problem being it's an hour drive back home... and copious amounts of wine is probably not the safest way for me to make that trip. =P

Krystyn: Thank you! And since I posted this, I believe we have yet to hit 70 again. LOL!

Nichole: I do plan to go to the Food & Wine Festival once more before it ends, so if not this weekend, then next. The problem is that when you go alone, you are not sharing a bite of each tasty treat with other people & you fill up (in my case) three times as fast! Bigger tastes but fewer items. =/ COME BACK & EAT AROUND THE WORLD WITH ME!!

Debi: Thank you! I will try to be more timely with the next batch. ;-) They were all uploaded to my Web Albums but I forgot to actually post them here! Oops.

Stacy: Thank you! =) I don't think I've ever done an actual Halloween theme before. It's lots of fun to eat your way around. Even though they are appetizer-sized tastes, I fill up pretty quickly. I guess it's true what they say about how we can be satisfied on far less than we think! And yes, more photos this weekend!

Daniel: I'm thinking about it... I will go back at least once more to the Food & Wine Festival, but I'm not sure if it will be this weekend or next.

Ted: There is Oktoberfest year round at Epcot! Germany pavilion's Biergarten!

Ingrid: I love it this time of year but only Magic Kingdom really gets "dressed" for Halloween. At Christmastime, all the parks (and each resort hotel) get decorated! That's my very favorite time in the parks!

Catie Pearl: Isn't he great? I *had* to get a photo of him!

Heather: Wish you could come play too!

mimi: Thank you! Glad you stopped by! I hope you're feeling better.

Jeanne: It never gets old for me to be in the parks. =)

Julie: I had never been either until I moved here!

Dawn Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:39:00 PM  

I have never been to Disney...ever!! You are so lucky to live so close. The food sounds yummy!

I like the Halloween pictures that you shared. They are wonderful.

I'm sure you are just smiling from ear to ear over the Philies win!!!

take care,
Dawn

gail@more than a song Monday, November 03, 2008 12:44:00 PM  

Great, great photos! The weather looks nice and the sky is gorgeous. And the food, yum! Ah to be so close to Disney.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP