Thursday, June 8, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: June 8, 2006


Thirteen Things I miss about New England
in honor of my trip to CT this coming weekend



1. Autumn in New England--it's not *just* about the colors though! it's the crisp, refreshing weather. the sounds & the smells & the tastes. it's feeling invigorated by the cooler air. it's sweater weather & rosy cheeks. it's warm days & cool nights. and yes, it's also about the fall foliage. =)

2. friends & family

3. the potential to have a white Christmas

4. my childhood church--where they follow the traditional order of service i grew up with. and they choose the hymns i remember singing, sitting next to my Gram & my dad. they actually have Advent & Lenten services. and a real Candlight service at 11pm on Christmas Eve. and a real Tenebrae service on Good Friday. and a real Sunrise Celebration service on Easter Sunday. and people don't (usually) show up to church in shorts, tank tops & flip flops.

5. the Yankee Candle Company flagship store

6. NESN & having every Red Sox game televised without having to pay for it--not that they aren't worth paying for!

7. day trips to Cooperstown with my Dad

8. old winding shady back roads

9. the character of a New England country home. the architecture. the landscaping. TREES. big plots of land that aren't in "communities" & where the houses aren't all the same. and knowing that some of those houses have some real history to them. and basements. =P

10. West Farms Mall

11. the charm of an small old New England town

12. my old scrapbook store

13. people who *really* understand being a Red Sox fan (even if they root for the "other" team!)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 with their own thoughts:

Carmen Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:05:00 AM  

Tell you what, this winter, I'll send you the snow and you can send me the sun. :)

Uisce Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:17:00 AM  

Been a Sox fan my whole life... my condolences! :)

Trish Ess Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:18:00 AM  

LOL - I was going to offer to send you snow, too.. but I could always send you some of our Toronto Autumn leaves! :)

Happy TT! Mine are up.

YellowRose Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:19:00 AM  

Sounds like a great place to be from. I would love to visit the New England states, just to see the history and beauty of it all!

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

Anonymous,  Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:41:00 AM  

dang it... I never did get to the Yankee candle flagship store. Must totally overload the olfactory nerve, though, if a regular store makes my eyes water!

Wystful1 Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:13:00 AM  

I understand about having a white Christmas....it makes the holiday much more pretty.

Drop by mine and pick up a T 13 banner if you want! I made 'em for the blogrollers!!

Tracie Nall Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:28:00 PM  

I want to go have a New England autumn this year!!

My TT is up!

Cindy Swanson Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:30:00 PM  

Dawn, I've always wanted to go to New England...this just reinforces it!

Raggedy Friday, July 21, 2006 10:23:00 AM  

Great list!
NE is a beautiful place..
My TT is up

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP