Monday, February 28, 2005

Crazy Monkey Love

a girl & her monkey =)


Love at first sight. 11pm. Her mother introduced her to him. She grabbed on tight & never let him go. That would be Catherine & her monkey. LOL

Ya know, I never remember having a special "lovey" as a kid. I never had a blankie or sucked my thumb, so it fascinates me what drives a baby to select a certain object & bestow upon it her undying devotion & affection. I guess maybe it's practice for being all grown up & falling for that special someone. That someone that makes you feel safe & secure. That someone that is all yours & you do not have to share. And along with it goes the same heartache if that "lovey" is lost along the way somewhere. It's too bad that you can't pick up a few extra copies of that grown up someone for when the unthinkable happens & they get misplaced or need a bath.

I hope you never know that heartache baby girl...not with the monkey *or* the man. (And a word of advice: stay away from the KMB variety. They'll make you crazy & not in that crazy monkey love sort of a way! LOL...)

1 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:09:00 AM  

as her mommy i have to state.... the reason she was given it at 11PM was because her father did not listen to her mother's instructions to put her to bed at a decent time when i was out for a rare night out. anyways... that is all. thanks dawn for putting another smile on my face and a happy tear in my eye.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP