Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Funny thing about life...

Josh & Kas


So he may contemplate killing me if he finds out I posted a picture of him. I guess we'll have to hope he doesn't see...lol.

Growing up we were like any typical brother & sister. We could play together one minute & be beating each other's brains in, screaming at the top of our lungs the next. Suffice it to say that we did not really get along all that well as kids. It didn't get any better as teenagers (much to the headache of Dad, Gram & Gramp no doubt). I would be a rich woman if I had a buck for every time Gram gave me the "If he went off to war & didn't come home, you would cry bitter tears & miss him" speech. Yeah, ok Gram...what do you know? (Well she *did* have 4 of her own brothers...although that being the case, I would have thought she should have been understanding ME better.) Turns out Gram (as usual) did know what she was talking about. No, Josh hasn't gone off to war. But I have to tell you, bratty little brothers *do* grow up & shock the hell out of you. I have no idea how he took care of Gramp that last year--I know I couldn't have done it. And when did he start noticing girls, never mind get engaged?? I guess now that we're a little older & a little wiser, somehow we're closer. Even with 1200 miles in the middle. I have a lot more respect for the man he has become...and yeah we can even carry on a conversation without any yelling. I guess there's nothing like laughing at Gram's infamous "eyeballs falling out, breaking your head & walking around on bloody stumps" to bring you closer together. Seriously though, I like this guy he matured into. I bet Gram wishes we could have figured this out while she was still here to enjoy the QUIET harmony lol...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP