Sunday, February 6, 2005

Simply the Best

Dynasty Delivered (photo from www.foxsports.com) Posted by Hello


Confetti fluttering through the air, fireworks brightening the Jacksonville night sky, another sparkling presentation of the Lombardi trophy. Downright ordinary for the New England Patriots right? Hardly. And as a fan, I have yet to grow tired of watching those boys pull it off. It wasn't pretty. They played an uncharacteristically sloppy first half offensively, finally managing to march down the field for a touchdown as the 2nd quarter was winding down. But whatever happened in that locker room, they came back out & made a statement, scoring again immediately. I have to admit that even though I showed confidence in their post season abilities, I know it's not easy to win the Super Bowl over & over. I watched the first half, horrified by the incomplete passes and repeated 3rd & outs. I watched an emotionless Tom Brady walk on & off the field, knowing that without him finding his game face, the Eagles were going to win. Their presence on the field managed to somehow morph into the team I am accustomed to watching though & it didn't hurt that apparently the Patriots had 2 quarterbacks playing for them...or so it would seem by the number of times McNabb threw into the waiting hands of a New England defender. I laughed as the T.O. factor became meaningless. But then as the seconds ticked away & the Patriots failed to make a critical first down after the Eagles closed the gap to 3 points, I watched through my fingers placed strategically over my eyes & I paced. It definitely was not a pretty win. But it was a win none the less. *whew* Collective sigh of relief from every Patriots fan before the jumping & cheering kicked in. Oh & Freddie Mitchell? What was it exactly that he "had for Rodney Harrison" anyway? I think Rodney caught more passes than Mitchell did. I don't know about anyone else but I'm going to be laughing about that one for a while.

For all those who called them a fluke, the Patriots have now become the team of the new millenium, joining the illustrious ranks of the 1960s Packers, the 70s Steelers, the 80s 49ers and the 90s Cowboys. On top of the world...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP