Thursday, February 10, 2005

Survivor

alison & dawn =)


I talked to Alison today. =) That always makes me happy. It's funny how we became freinds at such a critical point in my life...all over a piece of cake lol...and even though the friendship was new, the distance my move to Florida put between us never stunted the growth of a fast friendship. If you know me, you know that I don't make friends very easily with other girls. Guys are much simpler to be friends with. I suppose I just can't be bothered with it--I know how girls are: two-faced, manipulative, quick to argue, pretending to forget but not *really* forgetting, vengeful...I guess you could say I've had my share of "toxic friends" travel through my life, leaving in their wake a handful of steadfast girlfriends I love dearly & couldn't imagine life without. And Alison is one of those girls. She's been there, good, bad, ugly, juicy details (as many as I'm willing to share anyway lol)...somehow in the most traumatic moments we manage to get each other through. She inspires me every day with the strength I'm willing to bet she doesn't even recognize in herself. No matter what life throws at her, she takes it like a champ & I don't know how, but she even comes out standing taller than she did before. My little world is a better place for having her in it & I am sure I don't tell her (or any of "my girls") enough...

When I hear this song I can not help but think of her:

I don't believe in self-pity
It only brings you down
I may be the queen of broken hearts
But I don't hide behind the crown
When the deck is stacked against me
I just play a different game
My roots are planted in the past
And though my life is changing fast
Who I am is who I wanna be:
A single mom who works too hard
Who loves her kids & never stops
With gentle hands & the heart of a fighter...she's a survivor

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP