Sunday, August 31, 2014

What I Learned in August: 2014

1. I've long stated that I am not as big a fan of red wines. While on vacation, I learned that what I actually prefer are the red blends!

2. I spent a good hour or so fussing over the fact that laptop battery showed as "96% and not charging." I tried plugging it into different outlets, making sure the cord was pushed in all the way, rebooting it. Nothing worked. So I turned to trusty Google to see if this was a common problem with the laptop i just bought a couple of months ago. Turns out, laptops are smarter than I am. They know that keeping their batteries charged at full capacity while plugged in decreases their life, so they discharge for a while, then charge back up again. I also learned that it's a good habit to run your laptop on battery power regularly, at least down to about 50%, before plugging it back in to charge, to prolong battery life.

3. Publix premium started making Greek yogurt...and now I've found one I actually like! Or, well, to be accurate, I'm learning to like it. I've been growing increasingly more dissatisfied with the quality of my former yogurt (Yoplait) -- over the past several months, I found that at least once per week, my yogurts were starting to have curdled lumps in them, when for years they had all been smooth and creamy, and I know our refrigerator isn't the issue -- so I decided it was time to go shopping for a new breakfast staple.

4. After living in Florida for over twelve years, I finally know the intention of the phrase "bless your heart." (What can I say? I'll always be a New Englander, born and raised.) And may I say, the south has such a pleasant way of saying "up your nose with a rubber hose, buddy!"

5. I always apply eyeliner to my right eye with a heavier hand. Even when I am consciously trying to make it even with my left. No matter which eye I start with.


Every month, Chatting at the Sky shares what she learned. Big things and little things. Life lessons from the serious to the silly. I've decided I want to participate. Just another means of capturing who am I along this broken little road called life.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP