Friday, December 6, 2013

20 things I plan to do during the holiday season.

1. Plant a poinsettia in the planter by our front door.
2. Put up the first real Christmas tree I'll have had since I lived at home.
3. Bake four different kinds of cookies.
4. Watch all my favorite Christmas shows and movies. (The Polar Express. Home Alone. A Christmas Carol - both the George C Scott version and the Disney full-length animated version. The Nativity Story. A Christmas Story. It's a Wonderful Life. A Charlie Brown Christmas. Prep and Landing. Prep and Landing: Naughty or Nice. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Elf.)
5. Enjoy eating meals on my newly expanded set of Christmas dishes.
6. Sing along to all my favorite Christmas music on my iPod when I am in the car.
7. Visit Hollywood Studios to enjoy the Spectacle of Dancing Lights.
8. Switch over to burning candles from my stash of winter scents.
9. Attend the Candlelight worship service on Christmas Eve.
10. Take our annual Christmas Eve drive around our area of town to enjoy the Christmas lights.
11. Read my favorite childhood Christmas books again.
12. Admire the lights and lighted wreath my husband puts up on the exterior of our house.
13. Make some hot apple cider.
14. Put up decorations throughout the interior of our home.
15. Breathe in the amazing scent of a real Christmas tree and exclaim over it a hundred times.
16. Turn out the rest of the lights in the house and relax solely by Christmas tree lights.
17. See "Holidays Around the World" at EPCOT.
18. Have a seasonal treat at WDW.
19. Consider planning a fun snack or two for New Year's Eve.
20. Stay in with my husband on New Year's Eve and toast the birth of a brand new year.

3 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Saturday, December 07, 2013 12:21:00 AM  

One night we were at Hollywood Studios and I tried to talk more of my family into going to see the lights. Don was the only one to walk there with me; I LOVED the lights and music and snow! It was so fun & I hated the little kids missed it.

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, December 07, 2013 7:00:00 AM  

Gail: We go every year to get us in the holiday spirit. It's so festive! Most years I have to wear a jacket. This year, I will probably be in short sleeves. Which means I will need the extra help feeling Christmas-y.

gail@more than a song Saturday, December 07, 2013 12:20:00 PM  

It was very festive! Maybe you'll get some cooler temps soon We needed jackets while we were there. I can see why y'all go every year, so fun!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP