Saturday, March 17, 2012

Where apparently I am it.

It's been ages since someone "tagged" me to do a post, but tagged I was, back in February. I've had it open in a tab since then--that is one of my favorite features of Chrome, that it remembers the tabs I have open until I decide to close them, no matter how many times I close my browser--and I finally have the time to see to this. The idea is to answer the questions asked, then tag some more people to answer questions of my own.

1. What dreams have you achieved?
Are you kidding me? I am living the dream. We just bought a house. We're getting married in the fall. My dream was to have a happy life...and I do.

2. What dreams have you yet to achieve?
I don't know that I have any big lofty dreams left. Which sounds bad, but it really isn't. My dreams are mostly of the small variety, like visiting every Major League ballpark at least once, meeting a few of my longtime internet-made friends in person finally, see some more of the United States. The biggest of my goals is to finish paying off some debt. The biggest of my daydreams is to visit Hawaii someday. And someday, God willing, I would like to be a mother.

3. Have you lost any friends that you used to have and you wish you could get them back?
No. If someone is no longer a friend, it was a calculated decision on my part. There was a reason it was better we part ways.

4. What was your favorite car?
I loved my first car. A little black 1998 Nissan Altima. I loved the way it looked when it was freshly washed. I loved how it drove. I loved that it was all mine.

5. What was your favorite job?
There have been parts I've loved about every job I've had...and parts I haven't liked so much. Of all my jobs, I liked working in food service the least by far, but I don't think I could pick a true favorite.

6. Do you look forward to going to your current job?
Most of the time. I very rarely dread it...and when I do, it's usually because I am due for a vacation. Everyone needs some time to recharge.

7. Since you started blogging, what has been your favorite post by you?
I have a dozen I have actually tagged as favorites, but I think my very favorite of them all *might* be "Where I'm From."

8. By others?
Oh wow. I've read so many. I usually share them on Facebook. I don't think a specific one actually comes to mind though.

9. What is your favorite side to a good roast?
Ummm... whatever side is moist and tasty and on my plate?

10. What is your favorite zoo animal and why?
I think the "big cats" are very regal and giraffes are interesting to watch move around, but when I am at Disney's Animal Kingdom, I can lose large chunks of time watching the white-cheeked gibbons. They completely fascinate me.

11. If you could go to space, what in particular would you like to see?
I think I would just like to see the earth from above. I loved the feeling of perspective I got from hiking under the sequoias on my Christmas vacation, and I think the same sort of perspective could be gained in reverse from viewing this planet from afar. Truth be told though, I don't think I would do well with space travel and that would weightless thing. I figure if I can't even stomach "Mission Space" at Epcot, taking off in a space shuttle likely wouldn't be a good plan.

I don't think I can make it to quite eleven more people, but how about: Rachel, Krystyn, Stripeycat, CheleRebecca, Suzy, and G (consider this your nudge, since we agreed to encourage one another with our blogging!)

And for their eleven questions:

1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?

2. Name three of your guilty pleasures.

3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is:

4. What do you value most in other people?

5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you're baking cookies?

6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?

7. What is the most beautiful place you've ever visited?

8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?

9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.

10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?

11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?


3 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:17:00 AM  

You answered mine, I'll answer yours!

1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit? I would go to Maine and get a picture of Stephen King's mansion and hope to meet him somewhere while out shopping.

2. Name three of your guilty pleasures. Totino's sausage pizza, cigarettes, alcohol.

3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is: Anything peanut butter.

4. What do you value most in other people? Sincerity.

5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you're baking cookies? If I bake cookies, absolutely. They might not make it to the oven at all.

6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? Nothing comes to me right off hand...

7. What is the most beautiful place you've ever visited? Probably Beattyville, KY. But Spring Lakes in Indiana is always gorgeous.

8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler? Thinker.

9. Name three things you are thankful for right now. Having finally finished a book (now to get it published), my wife, and my job.

10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race? Once that I can remember as a senior in high school during a pep rally. I lost.

11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart? Always. And make sure to remove that hat.

*krystyn* Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:24:00 AM  

Done!! http://remembermoments0823.blogspot.com/2012/03/tagged-what-is-that.html

Janet Monday, March 19, 2012 12:18:00 PM  

I love your answer to #1 :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP