Friday, March 16, 2012

In boxes.

On a particular evening, a couple of weeks ago, as I sifted through some boxes long set aside, filled with dreams of a life I once thought I wanted, I realized I was ready to let them go when I last sealed them inside those cardboard walls. Item by item, I discarded the contents into a large plastic contractor's garbage bag. Then I broke down the cardboard into a flat, tidy pile. In the morning, I wheeled the garbage can to the curb, the yellow recycling bin set to one side, casting them away forever, ready to step into the life waiting before me.

I am ready.

1 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Friday, March 16, 2012 6:36:00 PM  

Wow! Three posts! And I'm the one sitting around all day ;)

This is great! Scott and I have been really decluttering as well...and talking ALOT about how we really want to start a new life together. We are also ready to fill a garbage bag full of a life that isn't going to happen to make room for the one we do create. :)

Love this post.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP