Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: May 2011

A photo of me:
I cannot remember the last time there was a new photo of me. Sad.

1) Candle scents this month:
Blueberry Scone. Buttercream. Fluffy Towels. Garden Hideaway. Spring Days. Tulips. Lilac Blossoms. Strawberry Buttercream. Midnight Jasmine. Garden Sweetpea. Fresh Mint. Lavender Vanilla. Vanilla Cupcake. Clean Cotton. Blue Hydrangea. Cottage Breeze.

2) What I am reading this month:
I am about to finish Part One of Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand).

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Baseball Ballet," by Terry Cashman. "Letter to Me," by Brad Paisley. "All I Ask for Anymore," by Trace Adkins.

4) Movies I saw:
No movies. Just catching up on the DVR & watching baseball.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
The smoking monkey on The Big Bang Theory, "The Agreement Dissection." The Sox mobbing Carl Crawford following his first walk-off win as a Red Sock. The season finale of Blue Bloods, especially the way Tom Selleck played his role of Frank Reagan--both as police commissioner *and* father. The season finale of Fringe...OMG. *No one* does a season finale like this show.

6) Something yummy I made:
Tortellini Florentine Soup.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Macaroni Grill. Biergarten (at Epcot).

8) Five things I am loving this month:
Pinterest. Word With Friends. Archer's Farm Monster Trail Mix. Apricot Vanilla lotion from Bath & Body Works (which was part of their limited edition Signature Vanilla line from this Spring that is no longer being produced; I picked some up for a change of pace over the Summer & now I wish I'd picked up more because this stuff smells so good, I am tempted to lick my own arm as I type). Adrian Gonzalez at first base for Boston.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To still manage to save a little money even though there were some unbudgeted medical expenses that arrived in the mail.

10) This month I looked forward to:
The long Memorial Day weekend.

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
Sitting on the couch, watching Sunday Night Baseball, when the fans in Philadelphia began chanting "USA! USA!" as news of bin Laden's death spread.

12) A photo I took this month:

2 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, June 02, 2011 12:01:00 PM  

Want to play Word With Friends with me?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP