Wednesday, September 20, 2006

extreme telemarketing

i joke about how being (just) a receptionist is synonymous with professional liar...errr *storyteller*. i have come up with some pretty blatant, if not outrageous, "stories" in my time. i fielded a call today that makes me look like an amateur.

me: "good morning, Company Name."
caller: "yes. i need to speak to Mr. Owner, please."
me: "may i tell him who's calling?"
caller: "sure. it's John Spadaro calling him right back again. we just hung up."
::i pause & don't remember transferring a call from this guy but what the hell, maybe Mr. Owner called him, ya know?::
me: "hold please."
::calls Mr. Owner's extension::
me: "hi. John Spadaro back on line 3 for you."
Mr. Owner: "who??"
me: "John Spadaro. you just hung up with him..."
Mr. Owner: "i wasn't even on my phone!"
me: "you're kidding me. i'll just put him to voicemail"
::i pick up line 3 & deposit him into voiecmail::

are you kidding me though?? i can usually smell a sneaky telemarketer, but *this* one fooled even me! apparently there really are *no* limits...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP