Sunday, October 18, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 41

Checking in for the week of October 11 through October 17.

WHAT I READ |
Fudge Cupcake Murder (Joanne Fluke) - This is such a fun series. Five books in, I feel like it's finally hit its stride. The characters are familiar. The format is consistent. I know exactly what I'm getting and, for a cozy mystery series, that's the way I like it. I find the residents and cases of Lake Eden charming. I did figure out whodunnit correctly and fairly early on, but the story continued to be fun, probably because the characters make it so. Part of me is ready for Hannah to just make a choice already, between Norman and Mike, but then, I don't know whose camp I'm in, so maybe she can take a while longer to decide. Looking forward to seeing where her exploits take her next time!
The White Princess (Philippa Gregory) - I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sorry when this series ends. Only one more left after this book. I'm thoroughly hooked. Just as I expected. I hate books down books from this series.

WHAT WE ATE|
T did some burgers on the grill, which we had with these seasoned roasted potato wedges -- yum. We also had a flank steak with Thai sweet chili noodles and brown sugar glazed carrots; fish sandwiches with mac and cheese; my signature meatloaf patties with mashed potatoes and green beans. And then, it was back to the grill for T, where he made us some fall-off-the-bone ribs, which we ate with baked beans and coleslaw.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin (BBW)
Autumn Leaves (YC) - Not your typical autumn scent, as it is neither spicy nor "food-y." Much more of an "autumn air" fresher scent. I love this one in the bathroom.
Napa Valley Harvest (YC) - Smells like being at the farmer's market on a warm autumn day.
Vanilla Pumpkin (YC) - Sucker for vanilla that I am, of course I love the autumn-ized version.
Red Apple Wreath (YC) - All the autumn scents right here.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Birthday week! We do cake at work.


Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble! (That's what I think every time I look at this.)


I pretty much love my bats with the "fiery" layer. I keep thinking I should change things up, but...I can't resist.


Festive cupcakes!


It wasn't quite (anywhere) cool enough to walk, but I convinced T to go anyway.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP