Saturday, October 11, 2014

This Week on My TV: October 11, 2014

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(Grey's AnatomyS11E1 "I Must Have Lost It on the Wind") Alex [to Mer]: You can't break into my house and wake me up to talk and then tell me to shut up. -- That helipad scene brought by emotions from ER when Romano's arm got chopped off. ::shudder:: But, holy crap, that gurney flying off the helipad and through the roof of a minivan on the ground. -- I'm not sure how I feel about Geena Davis in a surgeon's role. -- I totally bawled with the guy who was lost in the desert when he realized his wife and little girl were probably dead. But seriously, the way he kept freaking out, why didn't they sedate him? We won't even talk about how I wept when his family arrived at the hospital, safe and sound. -- Mer: Pierce is no Yang. She's perky and chatty and I bet she likes cats. --  Ouch, Pierce telling Richard she doesn't need to add any unwanted random blood relatives...not realizing he could well be her father. -- Of course, Callie and Arizona are going to go around and around on new baby vs fellowship for Arizona, which will surely lead to more discord. -- Every time Bailey and Alex "face off" about taking Cristina's board seat, I expect to hear the music from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." -- Derek chose Mer. And the kids, of course. But he chose *her*. So, what is her freaking problem??

**(ScandalS4E1 "Randy, Red, Superfreak, and Julia"Whoa. Olivia with curly hair. And amusing irony, reading "Gone Girl" while she hides on some...deserted beach island? -- Huck: Are you back for now or are you back for good? Olivia: They found Harrison's body. Huck: I read the paper. Are you back for now or are you back for good? -- Abby working for Fitz? Mellie wandering around in her bathrobe with a box of cereal? And what has happened to Cy's hair?? -- Cy [to some blonde woman he refers to as Lizzie Bear in his office]: Do you need to validate a ticket for your broomstick or can you find your way out of here on your own? -- Jake: Do you remember the last time we were together, Rosen? David: Was that the time you killed three people or another time? All the fear and violence starts to blend together. -- David [to Jake]: I spent two months going through those files. I read them every day. I even created a color-coded system. Orange for scary. Red for very scary. And black for crap your pants and wait for someone to come kill you scary. And most of those files, Jake, are black. Those files are terrifying. -- Abby: Is there bad news? Something abroad? Should I sit down? Cyrus: That might make it harder for you to run when I start yelling. -- Why do I suspect that, despite what Rowan would have Liv believe, Maya is *not* dead. -- I really like Jake. A lot. And he adores Olivia. I'm going to be very angry if Olivia breaks him too. -- As broken as Fitz and Liv were, Mellie and Fitz are disturbingly heartbreaking. -- The show obviously wouldn't work anymore, but I kinda liked Liv-and-Jake-on-the-island.

**(ReignS2E1 "The Plague"I did not catch, in the season one finale, that the girl Leith was making moves on was none other than Lord Castleroy's daughter. This will obviously get very complicated. -- And so with one careless philanderer, The Plague enters the castle walls. -- Lola's baby was a boy. A son. An heir. Illegitimate or not, it's more than Mary has been able to give Francis. -- Go, Mary, telling Catherine to shut it when Catherine was taunting her about her inability to conceive and Francis being at Lola's side for the birth of their child. I especially enjoyed when Mary reminded Catherine who was Queen now. Of course, Catherine will need to be (gleefully) showing Mary the darker side of her newly acquired title.-- Oh no. The sick guy was talking with Kenna and has taken Pascal with him. Ack! By the time Kenna got to Pascal to check on him, the sick guy was dead, Pascal had The Plague, and she ends up locked in their rooms, as Pascal is dying. Bash is coming into contact with all kinds of people with The Plague while he searches for Kenna. At least, with both of them being exposed, they should be able to be together when he finally finds her. -- Ah, crap, there is Plague in Lola's midwife's home now too. With Francis there. Time to beat feet! -- One thing is for sure: Royals must never know who is truly loyal, and who has an agenda and some excellent acting skills. -- Ok, the cannot kill off the entire cast with The Plague, but with the disease running rampant and all of them risking exposure, how are they going to justify the number of them that don't get infected? -- Mary and Nostradamus conspired to infect Catherine with something so she thinks she has The Plague. Freaking priceless. -- OMG, Castleroy's daughter was accidentally murdered by the vengeful Lord who poisoned a whole household for revenge when Mary would not trade favors with him and have the man killed in exchange for a food supply. -- That was a really weird vision Bash had of that little ghost girl. Is he ill? Seeing visions like Nostradamus? Exhausted? -- I thought, for sure, we were saying goodbye to Lola, but now that Francis has fallen in love with his tiny new heir, it appears he will not be sending them off to a new life after all. I wonder how that will fly with Mary?

**(The BlacklistS2E3 "Dr James Covington") I fell, hook, line, and sinker, for Liz's dream sequence with Tom. -- Red: Slushie? Liz: Pass. Red: Oh my gosh. You have no idea what you're missing. Try a Grapefruit Gusher. It's just like you today: a little sour. -- Aram [upon being introduced to Samar]: Whoa, you're...tall. -- Liz: How does an Iranian end up working for Mossad? Samar: How did the FBI end up working for Raymond Reddington? -- Red: Mr Vargas. Sounds like a shady character from a Humphrey Bogart movie. I like him already. -- I wonder if we'll ever know the history of how Red and Mr Kaplan began their relationship. I bet that would be a fabulous story. -- That scene with Babbit, where Red sent him drinks spiked with a drug heart patients shouldn't have, to encourage Babbit to call the special number Convington gave him only for emergencies. Red was so cold and sinister. "Does this feel like an emergency?" -- Harold is a good boss. I like that he doesn't reprimand Liz or put her on leave. Just offers to listen anytime. -- Cross, double cross, triple cross. I almost lost track. Two of Red's business associates betrayed Red by going to Berlin (or so we think). Nico betrayed Reddington to Vargas/Berlin (and also made the other two associates out to be defectors when they weren't).  Surprise, Nico! Vargas actually works for Red and now *your* betrayal has been exposed! -- What a moral conflict: Covington makes criminals pay big bucks for illegal transplants and he uses the money to fund a secret clinic that does organ transplants for children who would otherwise die. -- Red: Value loyalty above all else. -- I knew I had a bad feeling about that guy Liz thought was following her at the beginning of the episode. Her first instinct was obviously right, judging by that gun he was assembling. -- Ouch: that slap Red received from Naomi. I'm guessing she, and maybe Liz, are the only two people who could get away with that move. -- What kind of business deal was Red part of with Niko? Something related to the bigger story? I had a hard time following.

**(Blue BloodsS4E1 "Partners") I was not expecting the mentally unstable homeless guy to get hit by a van when they used the stun gun on him. Holy crap. -- I could have sworn that the scene of the domestic dispute Jamie and Janko responded to was the same place Jamie's first partner was killed. -- Jamie's feelings for Janko are clearly getting in the way of his being professional. -- I yelled out when Danny and Baez got t-boned when their extra detail with the DEA got ambushed. This episode is making me jumpy. -- I do not like the Mayor. It's pretty clear Frank shares that sentiment. -- What is Baez's problem?? She has copped an attitude with Danny all episode. -- You can't go to your sister for advice and not expect her to tell you the truth, Jamie. -- Linda's hair is different every season. I'm not so sure how I feel about this season's style though.-- Frank: Everyone who comes in this office has an agenda. Most people tell me what I wanna hear. Some people tell me what they want me to do. What I don't have is someone with firsthand knowledge of police work giving me the unvarnished truth. Sgt Gormley: I believe, sir, that's because they don't wanna piss you off. -- How long before Jamie gives in to his resolve to keep things purely professional with Janko?

**(The Big Bang Theory, S8E4 "The Hook-Up Reverberation") Finally, Raj's girlfriend makes an appearance! -- I totally didn't catch why Emily would take an immediate dislike to Penny. T, correctly, pointed out it was probably because Raj bragged about hooking up with Penny in the past. -- Penny: No one ever says they don't like you straight to your face. Amy: We have led different lives. -- Leonard: Is Stewart trying to get a loan or find investors? Howard: All I know is he's got my mother buying 4-ply toilet paper. I mean, FOUR PLY. If his butt is so delicate, why doesn't he just use an angora rabbit? Sheldon: For starters, they shed and bite. -- OMG, Sheldon, Howard, and Raj totally not seeing how their idea to offer vans to drive around and pick up children to bring to the comic book store they want to open is a bad bad bad idea. LOL. -- Howard's freak out over his mother calling Stewart 'bubula' and offerinf him the money to re-open his comic book store was spot on and hilarious. -- Bernadette's abrasiveness is still alive and well. Meh.

**(The Good WifeS6E2 "Trust Issues"Alicia has to be torn. She likes Finn but he's making her life rather hellish. -- Taye Diggs! I prefer him in this lawyer role over the police role he has on "Murder in the First." -- The deposition on the ChumHum class action lawsuit was 47 different kinds of uncomfortable. I can't imagine how they feel in real life. -- I still don't get how two male characters on this show are named Cary. It's not that common a name! -- Valerie Jarrett looks so fake from her tan to her facial structure. And it freaks me out that she was playing herself!! -- Holy crap, the tension between Peter and Alicia when she asked him to sign the second mortgage so she can get Cary out of jail and he refused. -- Diane is shaping the future of Florrick Agos the way SHE wants it. I don't believe that is what Alicia and Cary have in mind. -- Who sent Ernie Nolan with that check if it wasn't Eli? -- I really like the bronze colored suit Diane was wearing toward the end of the episode. -- OMG, all those LG attorneys coming with Diane and Dean now. Things are spiraling out of control and Alicia doesn't even realize it. -- Eli is going to bust over wanting Alicia to run for State's Attorney. -- Lorraine Joy [to Alicia, after Alicia ate for her lunch in that series of depositions]: I should have hired you. You'e an assassin. -- Diane was dressed appropriately fierce in that leopard print dress she wore the day she, Dean, and their entourage walked out of LG. -- So...is Lockhart Gardner Canning going to need a new name, now that one has "retired" and another is dead, leaving just Canning? Because it's kind of weird, but I could see the firm wanting continuity. I could also see David Lee wanting to be a named partner.

**(A to ZS1E1 "A Is for Acquaintances") Pretty sure, after her role in How I Met Your Mother, I would give almost anything Cristin Miliotti was in a shot. -- It isn't (I checked), but you could have totally sold me that the girl who plays Stephie also played Larissa on "The Carrie Diaries." -- After all the horrendous chemistry issues on "2 Broke Girls," I feel like I judge all new comedies on where the chemistry falls in relation. This show has more of it in the opening scene than "2 Broke Girls" has had collectively in three complete seasons. -- I do believe I will be giving this one a shot. It's cute. It made me chuckle. I like the two leads. -- Ohhhh, the kiss that ended this episode. Love!

**(Person of InterestS4E2 "NautilusI will guess that saying math is 'boring and stupid' to Harold Finch is pretty much akin with blasphemy. -- When those guys took Harold's money for "shooting out" their car window, I would have been amused if that would have been a wad of singles. -- Reese [to Finch]: Code cracking. Sometimes you forget I was an internal spy. -- Kid in coffee shop [to Finch]: Who are you? Shaw [holding the kid's arm pinned behind his back]: The guy who tells me when to let go. -- BAHAHAHA! Reese asking "excuse me does this thing work?" about a payphone and then planting the receiver right between the biker's eyes. -- Very interesting twist making the nautilus game's host be Samaritan. Well done, POI. -- Reese and Shaw exit an elevator, with unconscious bad guys in their wake. It's just like old times! -- Hooray! Finch is back in!


**(The BridgeS2E13 "Jubilex"I had half a dozen heart attacks when Hank was pulling over that tractor trailer truck. -- Linder!! Muttonchops is NOT dead! Almost but not quite. -- I am so confused. How did Eleanor regain possession of her father? I thought the Marines that chased Fausto as he escaped from his compound and discovered the father locked in his cage had taken him. -- Adriana: You're drunk and stupid. Daniel: I'm not stupid! -- Why does Sonya always use earbuds with her phone? -- Weird ending. Abrupt. Eleanor cuffed beneath the tree where Sonya found her being strangled by her sick, deranged father. The father's body lying where Sonya shot him. And Marco telling her how he's going to make it all ok.

**(ParenthoodS6E1 "Vegas"Amber being pregnant was probably the worst kept secret ever. Her not being sure what to do about it was a bit more surprising. -- Uh. Who is Julia in bed with?? -- I just don't see Hank and Sandy married and having Ruby (who, by the way, is a major brat, like on Sydney levels). -- Ugh Drew is still with Natalie. Do not like. -- At least Haddie exists this season. So far. -- Whoa. Victor had a growth spurt. -- I think my heart stopped when Zeek fell out of his chair at the blackjack table in Vegas. -- Cliche: young doctor who gets asked if he's fourteen. -- Arg. I am as frustrated with Julia as I was with Joel last season. I get where she's coming from, but ARG. -- I feel like I know Zeek's doctor from something else, but I've looked and looked, and I can't seem to find anything. It's kinda bugging me. -- Tears: Max went to Chambers for his mom.

**(Law and Order: SVU, S16E1 "Girls Disappeared"Demotion, it seems, for Amaro after beating that psycho last season. -- Looks like Liv took baby Noah into her care. But I saw how quickly she hid the pacifier that fell out on her desk. Is she trying to prevent people from knowing? -- I don't like this new detective. I miss Murphy. -- I was so jumpy through this entire episode. Every time someone shot a gun or banged open a door. -- What the heck happened with Liv and Cassidy? I am still confused by what, I guess, was the weirdest breakup ever last season.

**(The MiddleS6E2 "The Loneliest Locker"Sue: Guess what? Axl: Nobody likes you? Sue: Can't ruin my day, Axl! Axl: Ooo, a challenge! -- I'm trying to decide whether I found Axl stealing everything from home to furnish is unfurnished apartment, or Frankie's second job as a airline customer service rep made me laugh more. Sue's play and Brick's basket of noisy toys made me twitchy though. -- OMG that dump Axl and Hutch live in. Gross! -- I have no words for Sue's and Brad's senior play. Just...wow. But so exactly what I would have expected from those two.

**(Modern FamilyS6E2 "Do Not Push"Mitch: Ok, easy on the filters, Cam. This is a family picture. We don't need sepia tone. Cam: You know what other tone we don't need? -- Manny [to Jay about getting a gift for Gloria]: I once gave her a bag full of hugs and she definitely prefers stuff. -- I love when Lily messes with Mitchell and Cam. -- Awkward flirting between Alex and that guy Jason. Totally awesome! My guess: Alex decides to stay local for college.

**(ScandalS4E2 "The State of the Union"Olivia: They care about you. They want you to live. Cyrus: Sons of bitches. -- Olivia has got to look at this bickering couple, who are the "face of gun control," and think "I left a tropical island paradise with a sexy man for THIS??" -- Abby is looking a bit overwhelmed by her new job in the White House. I think she finally found a tiny bit of confidence when she told Mellie that she was not the only parent to lose a child and that all those Americans who have also lost children needed to see Mellie put on a dress and appear at the State of the Union, despite her grief. -- Cyrus: A broken heart is a broken heart. To take a measure is cruelty. -- I think I like the position Jake is taking with Olivia. She cannot keep stringing him along. He is in his hotel room, she knows where to find him for a booty call, he is not her lapdog. ... Olivia [on the phone]: I don't like this! Jake: Don't like it then. ::click:: -- Charlie's baaa-aaaack! -- Oh, it makes me mad that Lizzie Bear is preying on Cy's loneliness. That's about the lowest of the low.

**(Sleepy HollowS2E2 "The Kindred"This new sheriff is in for a surprise. She has no idea what she is up against in Sleepy Hollow. -- I will never understand why the Headless Horseman looks around. How can he *see*?? HE HAS NO HEAD. -- Abbie: Just stand in line and go with the flow. Crane: Two statements which mean the opposite. Abbie: You founded a country. Figure it out. -- Crane [looking at the pen on a chain]: These people entrust you with their fortune and you cannot entrust them with a simple inkwell? ... His observations are the best. -- Crane: It is this kind of gross invitation to indulgence that mocks the power of the invisible hand to foster the true wealth of nations, a boon to your industry, I'll grant, yet cementing your...it pains me now to say it, *our* lot as an insolvent flock of debtors. -- Katrina is very brave to stay behind with Headless Abraham to learn as much as she can about Moloch's plan in order to help Ichabod and Abbie. -- John Noble is freaking brilliant, even just sitting in a chair, albeit controlling that demon suit of armor Moloch bestowed upon him. -- What a kiss between Ichabod and Katrina! ::swoon:: -- OMG, Henry is Irving's new lawyer?! *That* has to be bad news. And did he just sneakily get Irving to sign that document in blood?! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

**(Last Man StandingS4E1 "Here's the Kicker"Justin: I'm going to go to the concession stand. Does anyone want anything? Mike: Yeah, a beer. Justin: Oh, but I'm not 21. Mike: Then you're going to be gone a while, aren't you? -- Why is Kristin doing her laundry at her parents' house? GROW UP. -- We totally called that Eve would end up getting hurt. We didn't count on it being playing soccer though!

**(Last Man StandingS4E2 "War Games"I. Hate. Ryan. Episodes. -- Ryan left for a hair appointment...and came back with his hair looking....exactly the same? -- I loved the whole "Vanessa looking sexy, age be damned" bit. -- Mike [to Kristin]: You know, the best thing about your moving out is I get to see so much of you. ... Yes! YES!! Thank you for acknowledging it!

**(Last Man StandingS4E3 "Rediscover America"Two episodes ago, Kristin was disparaging Eve for playing on the boys' football team "because girls playing on boys' sports teams sends the message that girls' sports teams aren't as good." Now, she's all "Eve is inspiring girls everywhere to believe they can be every bit as good as boys." Pick a side already and stick with it. -- Joely Fisher's character as Ed's girlfriend is kinda annoying. -- I kinda love that Mike and Ed know that a box full of steaks being delivered means "I'm sorry." 

2 with their own thoughts:

Michelle Quinno Friday, October 17, 2014 12:41:00 PM  

I liked Jake & Olivia on the island as well. I wasn't too happy with her last night, giving into Fitz's advances! I thought for sure fat Mellie would walk in.

Love Cy's new look but I wonder what he is in for with that blonde and his new man hooker!

So....did Jake really kill Fitz's son, or (?)Olivia's father? Or the poor guy they arrested?! I was texting and watching so I missed a little.

I also missed half of Grey's so I will have to watch again before next week.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, October 17, 2014 1:23:00 PM  

Michelle: I haven't seen last night's Scandal yet, and I have THREE Grey's to catch up on. Yikes! My poor DVR.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP