Thursday, October 3, 2013

Promises made and kept.



This image was part of a Spring Training PR move by the Red Sox, but it spoke to me. I screen-capped it and it's been the wallpaper on my laptop all season. What started as a bandaid for my wounded spirit turned into a glimmer of hope, then became a declaration, spoken with assurance, as the season marched on through the summer: What's broken can be fixed. I think I can finally say "Mission accomplished, Red Sox. You've restored my faith with your hard work, your determination, the joy with which you've played this game. October baseball is a gift I didn't dare to dream of in February and I look forward to every last inning you have left in you. Thank you, for fixing yourselves and my Sox fan heart."

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP