Sunday, February 17, 2013

TV Loves and Hates: February 17, 2013

Disclaimer: I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead if you're even further behind than I am. You read at your own risk!


**Recognizing the teacher on The Middle (ep 14) was Fred Hollywell from the George C Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

**Sue and Darrin! Sue and Darrin! (The Middle, ep 15) Best Valentine's Day episode of 2013.

**Leonard finally standing up for himself to Penny. (The Big Bang Theory, ep 16)

**Kristina, radiant and lovely, exiting the hotel on Adam's arm, no wig in sight. I didn't know whether to cheer or sob. (Parenthood, ep 12)

**Max's description of his new shower routine, and Adam and Kristina's reaction, was so funny and so real. (Parenthood, ep 13)


**Chicago Fire has more over-the-top drama than Seattle Grace, and that's saying something. In 14 episodes, one fire fighter has lost his life, another suffered an injury so severe it ended his career, there's a main character with an injury that still might have his career in jeopardy, multiple disciplinary actions, and more than one member of the team teeter with their lives in the balance, yet make a miraculous recovery. We've had drug addictions, gang involvement, a mother in prison for murdering her abusive husband, and a slew of personal drama that makes me twitchy. There's only so much you pack into one show, simultaneously, before it is full-blown absurd.

**Why is Mike Tyson showing up in all my shows? Appearances on both Law & Order: SVU and How I Met Your Mother in less than a week's time. I have already exceeded my 2013 quota of his face on my tv.

**Ed Asner as a really bad guy (Law & Order: SVU, ep 14). Now that he's been Santa Claus (on Elf), it hurts my brain to see him as such a twisted and disgusting character in this episode. There should be a rule that once you play Santa Claus, you cannot later be someone so awful. I mean, yuck. My head kept seeing Santa, while my eyes and ears were assaulted with the darkness of SVU. Bad combination.

**Really, Modern Family? A psychic? (ep14) I expect that from 2 Broke Girls but you're better than this.

**Penny and Raj in the Valentine's Day episode of Big Bang Theory. (ep 16)

**Jasmine's mother and her manipulative guilt trips and underhanded remarks to Crosby. (Parenthood, ep 13)

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP