Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Leftovers: February 22, 2013

**I came across a new product on the shelves at my local grocery store. I needed some chopped tomatoes for a recipe I was making for dinner and Pomi tomatoes happened to be on sale. They are in a carton, not a can, and the only ingredient in that carton is tomatoes. Just tomatoes. I decided to give them a try. I am so glad I did. Wonderful!

**I am not sure what to make of the "Lackey positive press campaign," but if this reinvention of his image in Boston is for real (and comes with some actual notches in the win column for the Sox), I am fully on board!

**It used to be that one of my favorite Bath and Body Works scents was "Moonlight Path." Over the past several weeks, though, it seems I cannot wear it anymore. The consistent smell of the lotion would start to give me a headache after about an hour, and then, no matter how many times I washed my hands or layered on another scent, the headache would progressively grow worse. I had to give away a half-used bottle to one of my co-workers.

**I am probably the only person alive to feel this way about it, judging by the enthusiasm people show and the number of them who have tried to convince me I need to go at least once, but I could not possibly have less interest in Vegas. None. Not even a hint. I don't care to gamble. Or see weird shows (Cirque de Soliel La Nouba at Downtown Disney creeped me out more than anything). Or  do the whole nightlife scene. Before you declare me a bore and a fuddy-duddy, though, I just feel that with a long list of other places I can actually name wanting to see in my lifetime, visiting one that has never sparked so much as the tiniest bit of interest in me doesn't really generate any consideration. I mean, c'mon, there's not even a (major league) baseball team there to entice me!

**I have been really drawn to the color combination of pink and brown recently. I'm not usually much of a pink person (although I did spend a good piece of my childhood wishing I had a pink bedroom, instead of yellow) (I am still not a fan of yellow to this day), but something about pink and brown together is just appealing to me all of a sudden.

3 with their own thoughts:

Janet Friday, February 22, 2013 1:32:00 PM  

I never wanted to visit Vegas either, until Cirque du Soleil opened "Love" ... HUGE Beatles fan and I LOVED it!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 22, 2013 1:40:00 PM  

Janet: That wouldn't be enough to lure me there either. I am not a fan of the Beatles! ::cringe:: (That's another confession that results in incredulous reaction.)

*krystyn* Friday, March 01, 2013 8:09:00 AM  

You are NOT alone in your feelings towards Vegas. I am the SAME way!! Absolutely ZERO interest in going there...did have to go there one time for a work seminar (when I lived in AZ), but didn't even put a penny in a slot. I have no desire to go back. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP