Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Girl on the Other Coast: October 27, 2012


Time for the next installment of the blog project with my friend, G! This time, a little fill-in-the-blank, G's choice. The last part of her Number Four answer? Could have come right out of *my* mouth!

Curious what my answers were? (Humor me. Pretend you're curious.) Take a virtual voyage to Little Italy and find out!
**********************************


1.  One thing I plan on doing to relax this weekend is  ... catch up on some reading and tv watching. I'm getting better at the "relax" part and shortening my to-do list so my body can actually get a break.

2.  A big pet peeve of mine is  ... hearing people chew gum. It honestly sends me over the edge. I should not be able to hear your spit moving around your mouth. And God help you if you actually start popping bubbles incessantly  Do you know what I mean? I believe they call it "cracking" your gum. I call it the sound of the devil. And once you hear it? Ya, you can't stop.

3.  I am really loving ... the honey crisp apples at Trader Joes. Best. Apples. Ever. (I'm eating one as I type this!)

4. The rain is  ... will be on it's way soon. I don't mind it...I just don't like it at school. There is virtually no drainage system and it makes for a miserable day for the kids. Which makes for a miserable day for me. Actually, it unexpectedly rained a couple of weeks ago. And then it began to hail. You would've thought it was the Apocalypse if you had seen their reactions! My commentary? "Good Lord! Have you never experienced weather before?"

5. My favorite girly indulgence is  ... pedicures. I like cute little toes. Currently? Fuchsia with white zebra stripes. ;)

6. A song I always get stuck in my head is  ... Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy, But here's my number, So call me, maybe? I don't know any of the other words. It's true. But that line of the song is now stuck in  your head too, isn't it??

7.  The best cure for stress is ... making lists. Writing things down calms me. Crossing them off makes me feel productive and less anxious. If all else fails...wine always does the trick!

*********************************
(edit to add mine)

1. One thing I plan on doing to relax this weekend is  ... see where my husband grew up, while we visit Pennsylvania.

2. A big pet peeve of mine is  ... people who think they are above the law when they get behind the wheel of their car. Use your turn signals. Turn into your own lane. Stop when the light is red. Get off my butt when I am going the "allowed" five miles over the speed limit.

3. I am really loving ... Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT.

4. The rain is  ... winding down for us now in Florida. I am ready for things to dry out some. Well, relatively speaking.

5. My favorite girly indulgence is  ... fresh highlights. Every other hair appointment.

6. A song I always get stuck in my head is  ... the tune they play in my local cable provider's tv commercial. I hear that music one time and I will whistle it, like they do in the commercial, for days.

7. The best cure for stress is ... (on a weeknight) a handful of peanut butter M&Ms and some quality time with a couple of favorite television shows or (on the weekends) a spontaneous trip to Disney World, where it is impossible for me to be anything but happy.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP