Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturdays Are for Weddings: 8 Weeks

I was filling out a vacation request form at work this past week. It's for a couple of days off in October. I started laughing because I didn't know if I should use my last name or T's, because, well...by then, I will have a new last name.

I am going to need to learn to sign with a new last name. Which means my signature is going too look like a third grader's for a good chunk of time. I've tried it and the first letter of T's last name does not flow as nicely from my middle initial as mine does.

I *will* be changing my last name. Traditional is just how I roll. Plus, I will not miss spelling and pronouncing my last name for everyone on the planet. If you butcher T's last name, you cannot possibly be familiar with the English language.

Now I know why people get married younger than this. After just shy of 36 years with one name, I'm going to have a whole new one. It's weird. Awesome, but so weird.

Eight weeks. Clock is ticking.

Signing out to peer into the mailbox, waiting for the other half of my responses to materialize.

p.s. Less than two weeks til *that* deadline. Then I can finally tackle my remaining To Do List. Lesson learned: I will never delay responding to a wedding invitation again. It's makes the bride a crazy lunatic. She wants a head count and she wants it now. Even if the due date is still two weeks out and you aren't late.

Note to self: Speaking of delaying...we really should go get rings.

3 with their own thoughts:

andie,  Sunday, August 05, 2012 12:20:00 PM  

I've had to spell my name for people... hello... it is the most common last name ever!

Anonymous,  Sunday, August 05, 2012 3:30:00 PM  

My wedding band arrived a day before the wedding! We ordered it custom made to fit my engagement ring in July but forgot to hound the jeweler until a week before... Talk about last minute...

I am overjoyed reading about everything and following your journey... you truly deserve this happiness finally!

Oh and the berkshires are where I grew up... a wrong turn always brought me to the green mountains! but always laughing too.

penuttpie Friday, October 19, 2012 10:34:00 PM  

I know I'm late to this post but I love that you're traditional. I will take the Mister's name as well...but I'm not sure if I'll hyphen or not. My name is SO Italian and his is SO not. I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP