Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturdays Are for Weddings: 6 Weeks

For the past too many weeks, T and I have declared we needed to go shopping for wedding rings. And then something else came up or nothing else came up, and we just hadn't gotten there. *This* week, though, we knew we had to get it done or risk pressing our luck that we'd have wedding rings by the time we pull our of Dodge and head north for The Big Event.

We went to Jared. (Yeah, I know, those commercials irritate me too, but while browsing online to see who had what, Jared's selection and prices won.) I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment we received. The sales manager was helpful but not at all pushy. He just let us point out rings we wanted to see and never tried to prod out toward any specific price range. That gets high marks in my book.

First, we found T's, which fit him right out of the case. It was the only one he tried on. Mine took a little longer, because I had a very specific goal in mind: I didn't want it to overpower my engagement ring, which is a very understated setting (which I happen to love). T also didn't want me to go with a plain band, since he felt the engagement ring's simplicity would end up making the combination look bland. I finally found the one I liked...which fit me perfectly right out of the case as well! If that isn't a sure sign that you've made the correct choice, I don't know what is.

We could have walked out of the store right then with our little bag of rings, but for a very agreeable amount of money, my engagement ring got all cleaned up, as well as a fresh, shiny new rhodium coating so she would sparkle on my wedding day. (She needed it badly, after a year of daily wear-and-tear.) So we left her in their capable hands for an hour and went to Olive Garden for some soup, salad and bread sticks.

The best part is that for a ridiculously small amount of money, my wedding band is insured for life--cleanings, rhodium plating, repair, replacement of diamonds--as long as I bring it in every six months. It's a bit of a hike from home, but it's not far at all from Disney, so I will just make it part of a Disney trip every six months. Easy peasy!

What wasn't easy? T's truck deciding it was going to be time for a new transmission on the way home.

And there you have it: the ups and downs of being a grown-up.

2 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:35:00 PM  

Yay! I love that you guys found your rings :) And I can't wait to see them!

I'm pretty sure that when I go shopping for mine, I won't have the luck you will. I'm sure case rings don't come in a standard size 4.
(Yes, my fingers are tiny too!)

*krystyn* Monday, August 27, 2012 10:37:00 AM  

Yay for quickly finding the perfect rings.

Boo for the truck being fussy. :(

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP