Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturdays Are for Weddings: 19 Weeks

I have been thick in the heart of hunting for a baker for the wedding. I suspect this process will be more fun once I am engaged in the tasting part. For now, I have narrowed down the contenders, received quotes, narrowed it down further and have set appointment for tastings later in the month. There are many things I will either accept by recommendation or allow someone else to handle in my stead. Dessert? Is not one of those things. I take my dessert seriously.

One of my girls has chosen and ordered her dress. (Love!! She is going to look stunning.) The other two have appointments to do the same tomorrow. I cannot wait to see what they find and how they all look together.

I keep trying to decide which pair of shoes I want to wear so I can return the others but I'm just not convinced. I am also secretly afraid this means none of them are the right pair. I am a disappointment to women everywhere because I really detest shoe shopping.

I have a few loose ends dangling that I hope can be tied up soon. Loose ends make me twitchy.

And if you want an insight into where I am, mentally, in this process: The random, disjointed, half-formed thoughts above sum it up. Planning a wedding--even a small, fairly scaled back wedding--is not for the faint of heart.

2 with their own thoughts:

Sarah Anne Sunday, May 20, 2012 5:06:00 PM  

I have found that planning weddings is a mix of candy counter excitement and dentist office dread. It'll probably be even more interesting when it's my own! Good luck! :)

Rachel Monday, May 28, 2012 8:45:00 PM  

It certainly is not for the faint of heart! Just planning our elopement was enough for me! And now we're planning a reception/post-elopement party for the first week of July. Eek. It's a lot to bring together.
Enjoy yourself during this time!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP