Thursday, May 17, 2012

20 Questions: May 17, 2012


1. Name 5 things you don't care about.
Just five? Fine. 1. Who won The Bachelor, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol or any other tv competition-type show not named "Top Chef." 2. The opinions of Joe Buck, Tim McCarver or the Tampa Bay Rays broadcast team. 3. The latest Hollywood gossip. 4. Anyone's latest drama. 5. Anything Dr Phil has to say.

2. I wish I could stop:
Deleting the first four answers I typed here.

3. What is your favorite kind of peanut butter?
If it's not in a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, then I prefer Jif. It can be creamy or crunchy though, unless I am making a dessert with it, in which case, it must be creamy.

4. Pick a color that best represents your mood today.
Grey. A sleepy dusky shade. I could go for a nap.

5. Look to your right. What is the first thing you see?
A box in the windowsill waiting for the customer to pick it up. (I'm at work.)

6. What is your favorite "fair food"?
Fried dough with tomato sauce. Which, since you brought it up, they apparently only sell at fairs in the northeast. People in Florida look at you like you're a lunatic when you ask. Down here, it's only served with cinnamon & sugar or powdered sugar.

7. Who was the last person to send you a letter in the mail?
I don't even remember the last time I wrote out a whole letter, but I did include a lengthy note and some photos in the birthday card that I sent to my high school boyfriend's mother. She's a Leap Year baby and I always send her a card when her actual birth date comes around, even after all this time. One of the nicest, sweetest, kindest ladies I have ever met.

8. What did you order the last time you went out to eat?
Monday, for dinner, I shared the Dalkey Duo (battered cocktail sausages with mustard dipping sauce) and the Scallop Forest (battered scallops with a citrus lime dipping sauce and some kind of chili pepper jam) with Nichole and Daniel, and then had some Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie (less than half because, holy heck, was I *stuffed*.)

9. How good are you at delaying gratification?
About 95% of the time, I have no issue with it. I would rather save up for something than go into debt to have it, and I would rather be sure I want it than to suffer buyer's remorse. And really? I enjoy window shopping and wish-listing far more than actually parting with the cash.

10. What was the last thing you baked?
Some brownies. Back at the apartment. Wow. I've been in the house over three months and I still haven't baked anything in my my awesome new oven?? This must be rectified very soon. (Understand: I define 'baked' as in desserts. We have baked all manner of dinner-type foods in there: chicken, fries, fish, pizza, just to name a few.)

11. What did you last receive in the mail?
Junk, a couple of magazines, a new copy of my insurance card, and a Mother's Day card from my god daughter.

12. Are you a good speller?
Most of the time. There are a few words that trip me up. My boss calls me "Webster" every time he calls me to ask how to spell something. Because he never believes what his spellcheck tells him.

13. When was the last time you went sledding?
I think it was my senior year of high school. It was really snowy that winter and I think I went up to the high school (very hilly campus) with my old neighbor and some of our other classmates.

14. How many times have you been called for jury duty?
Twice. The first time, I was chosen to serve on a jury. The second time, I was dismissed *because* of the jury I had served on (the defense dismissed me because of the verdict we reached on my first jury).

15. Scrubs, ER or Grey's Anatomy?
I watched ER until they killed off Anthony Edwards' character. I tried to watch it a season or two later, and the first episode I tuned into, some doctor got his hand chopped off by a helicopter. I never watched again. I am hopelessly addicted to Grey's Anatomy, though. I own all the seasons that have been released on DVD and have watched them more than once.

16. What do you try to stay away from?
People who are overly dramatic, negative or otherwise toxic.

17. What is your favorite magazine?
I have a well-documented addiction to magazines.  It would be difficult to choose just one. In the running for favorite would be "Everyday with Rachael Ray," "Real Simple," and "Redbook."

18. Do you set your alarm clock on the weekend?
Only if I have to be up for an early appointment. I'm usually awake and out of bed by 7am under normal Saturday circumstances, though, so I rarely need my alarm. It's more of a security blanket for my peace of mind.

19. When you attend a wedding do you tend to give cash or buy something off the registry?
I buy off the registry for the shower, and give cash (in addition to a "sentimental gift" if it's someone I am particularly close to) for the wedding.

20. Have you ever shot a bow and arrow?
The fact that I am alive to answer this question indicates that I have not. I would find some way to shoot myself if I tried. I lack all sorts of grace and coordination.

8 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:34:00 PM  

"Fried dough with tomato sauce"??? That must be a CT thing...I've NEVER seen it at any fairs in MA/NH/ME!

*krystyn* Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:34:00 PM  

So will you be watching Grey's LIVE tonight or DVR'ing it??

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:51:00 PM  

Janet: I had it for years at the Big E and that's in Mass. ;-)

Krystyn: I will be watching the Red Sox game and then heading to bed, because I have to leave the house at 7 tomorrow morning to be at WDW for 8, as has been requested.

Gail Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:32:00 AM  

I watched ER a lot too! It wasn't quite the same after Anthony Evans was off so I was sort of in & out of it until the last season. And I'd have to say the last months of the show I thought it went back to more like it was in the beginning; they brought back a lot of the old characters for appearances. I'm known in our family as being hugely disappointed in a series finale but I thought ER was one of the best!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:04:00 PM  

Gail: I never saw any of the final season. I never even thought about it. I was so traumatized by that doctor's hand getting chopped off so gruesomely!

Gail,  Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:16:00 PM  

Ha, that was kinda bad!

penuttpie Monday, May 28, 2012 1:42:00 PM  

This might be my very favorite 20 questions! And I may (will) have to borrow it for myself :)

1. the 5 things you don't care about totally made me laugh.

2. You talking about amazing Disney food makes me want to book a flight and come visit. NOW.
(Well...to see you too, of course!)

3. LOVE that you got a Mother's Day card from your god daughter. Too cute.

4. I think you should do an entire post about magazines. And then I will too :)

Sarah S Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:04:00 PM  

I have never heard of fried dough and tomato sauce either - and I grew up going to the Big E....STRANGE!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP