Friday, July 8, 2011

I sparkle.

Everyone keeps asking me if I saw it coming. I guess it's fair to say that I did, in a very general sense. But was I specifically *expecting* it? No. I think I had conditioned myself not to anticipate such events any longer. Nothing good had ever come from it in the past.

So on this sultry Florida morning, when the humidity already hung heavy in the air at 9am, when he mentioned stopping at a bench overlooking the lake where we were taking our usual weekend walk, I thought he was ready for a break, in the shade. (We've never needed a rest before--it's only three miles around--but as I said, it was a rather oppressive morning.) And then, I thought he had dropped something on the ground, though I couldn't imagine what. I was wrong.

8 with their own thoughts:

Cass. Just Curious Monday, July 25, 2011 8:24:00 AM  

Congrats!!! That is so very exciting!

Anonymous,  Monday, July 25, 2011 9:17:00 AM  

WWWOOOOHHHHOOOOO !!!
Congrats congrats congrats!

Now you have sparkle on your finger that matches the sparkle inside you!

You deserve the happiness. You've earned it!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle Monday, July 25, 2011 7:10:00 PM  

Congrats!! You've got a lovely sparkle going on there!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:13:00 PM  

Congrats! I've read your blog for the last two years and you are a positive and happy woman. Good things come to good people! *hugs*

Reverend Ref + Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:43:00 PM  

A little late on my end, but congratulations to the two of you.

Jane Ellen+ Friday, July 29, 2011 7:13:00 PM  

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your beloved. I pray you savor your joy.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP