Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: February 2009

photo of me
(even though i really *really* needed a trim here!)


1) current candle scents: Silver Bells. White Christmas.

2) what i am currently reading: "Faithful" (Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King). "America Alone" (Mark Steyn).

3) newest music i added my playlist: "I Don't Want to Be," by Gavin DeGraw. "True," by Ryan Cabrera. "Love Remains the Same," by Gavin Rossdale. "Covered in Rain," by John Mayer. "Save the Last Dance for Me," by Michael Buble. "Her Eyes," by Pat Monahan. "Savin' Me," by Nickelback. "Lonely No More," by Rob Thomas.

4) movies i saw: Taken. Lakeview Terrace. The Devil Wears Prada.

5) something yummy i made this month: i tried a new recipe for Brown Sugar Glazed Pork that will definitely be a keeper.

6) the last place i ate out: Macaroni Grill

7) something that made me cry: i'm pretty sure i didn't. and if i did, i don't recall!

8) something that made me laugh: a ridiculously funny set of photos of myself that will NOT be shared. sorry but it's not going to happen. which is a shame because OMG are they funny. but i am not giving you all hard evidence that i am a dork of epic proportions.

9) something i looked forward to this month: the start of Spring Training!

10) something i am thankful for: joining Grace in Small Things because it makes me take notice of the happy little things in my life that might not otherwise be noted in a concrete way.

11) something i want to remember about this month: that even on the tough days, the so-busy-i-don't-even-know-where-to-begin days, the days that drag on into infinity, the days i wish i could just stay in bed, i still have a job--and that's something too many people cannot say right now.

12) a photo i took this month:

8 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 01, 2009 8:52:00 AM  

A Mark Steyn book.. Awesome :-) I really enjoyed him when he subbed for Rush a couple times in January.

Amy Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:23:00 AM  

Where are you in that picture? It looks very Disneyesque, but I'm not placing it and it's driving me insane. :)

Debi Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:35:00 AM  

"i am a dork of epic proportions."...I think that's something to be happy about all on it's own!!! And I'm glad you joined "Grace" too, because I really love reading them!

Julie Monday, March 02, 2009 12:33:00 AM  

Love the pics :)

Love your playlist songs too

Love Love Love Macaroni Grill

*what kind of camera do you use? I am in the market for a new one. I can't decide which direction to go. I have a kodak Z740 and a Nikon film SLR....can't decide if I want a small-fit in my purse-digital camera OR a digital slr. I know I will get both eventually, but what now??????*

Janet Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:17:00 PM  

wow, what a beautiful flower!!! And I love the slight grin on your face :-)

gail@more than a song Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:15:00 AM  

The flower is so pretty....I think your hair looks perfect, great shot of you!
I love Michael Buble songs and need some more; I think I'm also gonna download the Single Ladies song, it's stuck in my head!

Jeanne Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:02:00 PM  

great shot of you. I like these monthly posts. Did you come up with the questions yourself or get them from a meme? They'd make a great layout or minibook to do at some point.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:20:00 PM  

Josh: He's definitely thought-provoking!

Amy: I am in Frontierland with my back to Tom Sawyer Island. That's Harper's Mill in the background, on the island, kind of near the river boat launch. =)

Debi: That is me in a nutshell! ;-)

Julie: I use a Kodak Z712, believe it or not!

Janet: Thank you! That is definitely my trademark smile. ;-)

Gail: You are so sweet to say that. =)

Jeanne: I adapted a meme I ran into a while ago. I kept a little of it but the rest I made my own. I like have a consistent post that I can look back on over time. It's one of my favorite posts to do! I know there are a couple of other bloggers who also "play" along with me each month.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP