Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 7

Since November 2008, I've been documenting the bits of everyday life in a monthly format, through various incarnations. I've loved these "little life snapshots." But for approximately the past six months, I've been craving a change. More than a little tweak, this time, but a different perspective. After taking note of the bloggers I enjoy who do something similar on a weekly basis, I've finally blended my favorite aspects of their weekly posts with some of the framework of my monthly snapshots...and thus was born Snapshot from Along the Broken Road, v. 2.0

Checking in for the week of February 15 through February 21.

WHAT I READ |
Firefly Summer (Maeve Binchy) - Still chugging along. Feels like I'm never getting anywhere with this one, although I'm a good two-thirds through, now. I'm starting to reach the point where I'll be glad when this is over and I'm reading *anything* else.

WHAT WE ATE|
There were so many leftovers from the end of the previous week that Sunday became a "leftovers" day, and we still had enough to carry us through Monday's work lunches. Sheesh. We had some breaded-and-back chicken thighs with some of our freezer sweet corn and the very last of the mac and cheese (which was delicious, but we really need to halve that recipe next time, oy). We had breakfast for dinner, because quick-and-easy is the name of the game when I have midweek Lenten church to attend in the evening. And then we had a good ol' Florida cold snap, so we were all about the tortellini florentine soup and the (last minute swap in of) loaded potato soup -- yum! And on Saturday, there was Kona Cafe, over at Disney's Polynesian, for lunch and meeting up with a longtime online pal who happened to be in the area.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED|
This was not my most productive week ever. I didn't sleep particularly well several nights. Combine that with chilly weather, and all I really wanted to do was nest on the couch in a blanket cocoon. I did manage to cross something off my Fun To Do list, though, and see the newly redesigned  Polynesian lobby.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Merry Cookie (BBW) - Still working my way through this vanilla goodness.
Merry Marshmallow (YC) - Vanilla and marshmallow, which is delightful, but a bit disappointing, since I could barely smell it while practically sitting on top of it.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Ever in search of just the perfect decorating touch for the house, I was beyond excited to see this soft beauty on clearance at Target. Feminine without being frilly. Perfect addition to the master bedroom. (Also known as: makes my husband sigh that he has something else to remove from the bed before he can get into it. Every marriage has its compromises.)


We got our Mardi Gras on in the office on Tuesday.


I did not get the baby, but I still got cake. #Winning


My morning reading.


These are exactly what they look like. Only dark chocolate. I need to have these taken away from me. It's for my own good. Don't say you weren't warned.


Breakfast. It's what's for dinner.


From dust you came and to dust you shall return.


I've fallen in love with the lighting in the Polynesian lobby.


It's been ages since I last ate here.


Crab cakes. Verdict: delicious.


Wandered over to my favorite resort hotel on property, Wilderness Lodge.


The details get me every time.


Peek-a-boo.


Getting acquainted with the new lens I got for Christmas.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP