Friday, February 6, 2015

Oh Hey Friday!: February 6, 2015

It's Oh Hey Friday! time, hosted by September FARM. The idea is that you talk about five things -- any five things, themed or random -- and away we go!



The "Things To Do in February" Edition!

ONE|
If I keep reminding myself it's strawberry season here in Florida, we won't forget to buy a big flat (from a roadside vendor or stand, not the grocery store) and freeze 'em up for prime strawberries all year long, right? Because last year, we dropped the ball on this one. By the time we went looking, it was past prime berry season, the prices weren't peak-season super low anymore, and we only picked up a half flat.

TWO|
Must get the stones in my wedding band and engagement ring in for their every-six-months inspection (hafta to maintain that all-important warranty!). That means they get a mini-spa and they will be all shiny clean with extra sparkle. I may have had my diamond for four years now and my wedding band for almost two and a half, but I never get tired of holding them in just the right light to make them dazzle.

THREE|
'Tis Walt Disney World Annual Pass renewal time! Sign. Me. Up. This will be my fourteenth consecutive pass -- it's my one gift to myself out of the tax return every year. I've never allowed it to lapse. This will be the closest I've ever gotten. My current pass expires on February 15. We'll be renewing it on Valentine's Day, because we'll already be there for...

FOUR|
Our Valentine's Day Date! We aren't big gifters for Valentine's Day. A card, a little candy perhaps. Nothing major. I don't actually have anything *against* the day. (As far as I'm concerned, the world can always use a little extra love, and I'm game to celebrate anything, no matter how silly, in some small way.) This year, we have a lunch date at Biergarten in the Germany pavilion of Epcot. We didn't plan it special for Valentine's Day or anything. I've just been wanting to go back there for ages and since I need to renew my pass and the weather is cool enough for T to be in the parks without being capital-M miserable, perfect timing!

FIVE|
I've earned two $5 vouchers from the Yankee Candle rewards program, one of which expires this month. That cannot be allowed. I'm eyeballing the new spring scents that have been released. I'll be getting a couple of each, in the Sampler size, but I'm especially excited about Red Raspberry, Picnic in the Park, and Peach Cobbler. I've been holding out, because I'm due for a new catalog sporting a coupon. Here's hoping it arrives before an expiration date forces me to use my vouchers!

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP