Monday, February 2, 2015

Broken Road Confessionals: February 2, 2015

Disclaimer: This started as a Monday morning, get it off my chest edition of Broken Road Confessionals. And then I proofread myself and thought the better of it. You see, it isn't that I think I'm perfect. Far from it. But I can try to be a better person today than I was yesterday. The Confessions, in their original form, would be very authentic...but...that doesn't mean they need to be given voice. So with that, a revised version.


**I've noticed that when I take something too personally (whether or not it's meant as such) or if I feel like my space has been violated in some way (real or imagined, literally or figuratively), my knee-jerk response is either to become chilly or to "get off my lawn"-ish, which leads to some fairly passive-aggressive thoughts. Sometimes, I'm attempting to humor myself out of my present mood with some internal snark, but other times, I am, admittedly, just looking to sulk for a while. I recognize that this is childish and unreasonable. I'm working on it. Some days and some situations are...still a work in progress. I have managed to curb the passive-aggressive *behaviors*, but that doesn't mean I'm not still *thinking* it. I confess I could still use a lot of work here.

**One life lesson I feel fairly confident that I've mastered, to the point that it's no longer a "remind myself" response, but is now a genuine reaction is to "win with grace and lose with dignity." It's important to me that I act this way, because I don't like how it feels to be on the receiving end of poor sportsmanship (fandomship?). I confess that I still don't like how it feels, even when I know I shouldn't take it personally. (It's good lesson reinforcement, though.)

And with that, I'm signing off on this round of Confessionals. Because the remainder of my confessions fly in the face of my first. 

Baby steps, right?

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP