Friday, February 13, 2015

Oh Hey Friday!: February 13, 2015

It's Oh Hey Friday! time, hosted by September FARM. The idea is that you talk about five things -- any five things, themed or random -- and away we go!



The "About Me as Related to TV" Edition!

ONE|
You want just one of the reasons I could never be Olivia Pope? Girlfriend wears way too much white. How does she not get stuff on herself? I'd be a mess before 9am.

TWO|
If you've ever watched The Middle, you would know that I am Sue Heck in so many ways. Goofy. Awkward. Eternally optimistic. Excited by what most people deem insignificant or inconsequential. A deep sense of right and wrong. Tremendous respect for authority. Profoundly affected by disappointing or hurting people I care about. Always ready to smile, help, or be a friend. Take everything a bit more personally than I should. And when I stress, I look like a maniac. I'd like to say it was just when I was in high school, but...no.

THREE|
Monica Geller is my soul mate. Right down to the secret closet.

FOUR|
Back when Grey's Anatomy first came out, I was in a bad place, so I completely identified with Mer's Dark and Twisty -- I'm far more Bright and Shiny, now, but I haven't forgotten how Dark and Twisty feels. I can also be difficult to get to know, though less because I'm prickly and more because I'm quiet until I get comfortable around you. (Once I'm comfortable, I refer you to Item Two.) I also am totally on board with Mer's feelings about hugging: I prefer my personal space until you've worked your way into My Circle.

FIVE|
Watching shows like How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Sex and the City, The Big Bang Theory, and Dawson's Creek makes me miss having my people within close proximity. I love where I live, but gosh darn it, why hasn't someone invented a teleporter yet for when I need some time with my girls? (Related: Making all new friends when you're an adult and quiet by nature is darn near impossible.)

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP