Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: August 2010

A photo of me:
This is the only one I have at the moment. Snapped when I was right in the middle of an intense live football draft! ;-)


1) Candle scents this month:
Evening Air. Sweet Strawberry. Tahitian Tiare Flower. Strawberry Buttercream. Spa Fresh. Blue Hydrangea. Lilac Blossoms. Honeydew Melon. Sweet Honeysuckle. Buttercream.

2) What I am reading this month:
Red Sox Rule: Terry Francona and Boston's Rise to Dominance (Michael Holley).

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Wasted," Carrie Underwood. "Love," Sugarland. "Feels Like Tonight," Daughtry.

4) Movies I saw:
The Other Guys - it was really funny!

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
The only tv I've really watched this month has been baseball. And let's face it: as much as I love my Sox, there haven't been many feel-good moments lately.

6) Something yummy I made:
This Tomato and Goat Cheese Pizza was mighty tasty!

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Red Lobster. Five Guys. The Grill Bar at the Harvard Club, Boston.

8) Something that made me laugh:
The dinner conversation with Nichole, Daniel and Steven the night before the Sox game we attended at Fenway together.

9) A goal I had for this month:
Finding somewhere new to take my paper recycling now that the location I was bringing it no longer has collection containers. Not only did I find somewhere new, but the new location takes ALL recyclables!

10) This month I looked forward to:
Seeing the Sox play at Fenway with my friends.

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
How much fun you can have watching baseball with your friends, even if you're sitting in the rain for three hours.

12) A photo I took this month:
The room we stayed in at The Harvard Club in Boston.

5 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, September 02, 2010 12:31:00 PM  

mmmm, Five Guys! and that's a gorgeous room :-) Great pic of you, too.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, September 02, 2010 3:34:00 PM  

Janet: The Harvard Club is so beautiful inside. =)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, September 10, 2010 11:41:00 AM  

Wow, nice hotel! You really travel in style, huh?! :)

Glad you found a new recycling place - awesome that they take everything. Just curious - ours used to take glass but has suspended it. Does yours take glass? I recycled glass for years and then suddenly, the service said no more glass. I HATE throwing away glass bottles and jars. No place here takes it, the curbside in my city or the drop off spots one town over. Bummer :(

~**Dawn**~ Monday, September 13, 2010 8:38:00 AM  

Stacy: I was lucky enough that my friend, Daniel, (one of the friends I took to the game with me) is a Harvard alumni so he kept up his Harvard Club membership so we were able to stay there! As for the recycling drop-off, they take it *all*. Glass (green or clear), newspapers, magazines, cardboard, cans (aluminum & tin), plastic (as long as it's category 1 or 2).

Gail: Thank you! =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP