Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: September 27, 2010



Monday: Roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes with gravy, and steamed asparagus.
Tuesday: BLTs.
Wednesday: Leftover turkey sandwich & some potato cakes. Next week, I really want to get back to trying out a new recipe, but I figured this week's goal was just to have a menu planned again. Start small.
Thursday: This time, we really will get to the Scalloped Potatoes with Ham.
Friday: Tilapia (cooked in packets on the grill), steamed broccoli and some wild rice.
Saturday: We don't have a plan yet. We will be at WDW, watching Troy's sister & nieces run in a half marathon, so the meal plan is presently a little sketchy.
Sunday: Leftovers.

Last week was an exercise in adaptability. Monday stayed to plan. Tuesday, I just wasn't hungry very much so I ate what I could. Wednesday, I had lunch at Animal Kingdom (Tusker House--buffet with African flavors--very good) and then dinner was just leftover spaghetti. Thursday, we finally decided on chicken thighs with a barbecue glaze, some noodles in a butter sauce & some corn. By Friday, we'd decided that we were on ham & potato overload, so we went out for Chinese. Saturday brought brats on the grill and some mac & cheese. On Sunday, I had piles of leftovers to clean up, so I didn't have to really cook all day and I *still* had enough for lunch on Monday! Hoping we get back on the menu track this week. I missed it.

The logo at the top will link you to more menu plans!

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP