Monday, September 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: September 6, 2010



Monday: Cheeseburgers and corn-on-the-cob from the grill.
Tuesday: Kabobs.
Wednesday: Pasta with tomato sauce--keeping it nice & simple.
Thursday: An old favorite that hasn't made an appearance in quite a while, Honey Lime Chicken with rice and steamed broccoli.
Friday: Fish sandwiches with mac & cheese.
Saturday: Something somewhere in Epcot.
Sunday: Not entirely certain yet, but somewhere out, I suspect, as my mother will be vacationing in the Orlando area.

Last week's menu had a minor tweak: the corn on Thursday was switched to Breaded & Fried Zucchini since there was still some squash hanging out in the fridge that needed to be used up. Wednesday's new recipe, Mini Farfalle with Tomatoes and Corn was very yummy; I liked it as-is, but you could easily toss in some chunks of grilled chicken too. I also thought it was the type of dish that could be used as a main or side dish. Saturday was the return of heat & humidity, and I ended up not feeling too hungry, so we just had a quick meal from the freezer with a salad.

The logo at the top will link you to more menu plans!

2 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, September 10, 2010 11:38:00 AM  

You're doing awesome with trying new things and sticking to your menu plan - bravo!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those honey lime chicken tenders! One of my favorite meals. I'm between those and my panko chicken strips tonight for supper, yummy! :)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, September 13, 2010 8:34:00 AM  

Stacy: I think the menu post keeps me accountable. LOL! Plus since I shop on Sunday, I have all the ingredients I need for the week & we rarely deviate from the plan at that point.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP