Sunday, July 20, 2008

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: June 2008

better late than never, right...? (the answers were all recorded by my target date of July 1. the photos? not so much...)

photo of me


1) current candle scents: two retired scents -- Rainforest and Bay Breeze.

2) what i am currently reading: "Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell".

3) newest music i added my playlist: nothing new this month but i am itching for something new so i expect that will change. *soon*.

4) movies i saw: Sex and the City - the Movie .

5) something yummy i made this month: it's just too darn hot to cook in the Summer. the yummiest thing i made was a tomato sandwich.

6) the last place i ate out: the Trop on June 30. it's not a ball game without a hot dog!

7) something that made me cry: going back & re-reading some old emails i had saved. and the S&TC movie made me tear up just a bit too.

8) something that made me laugh: dinner out with Heather, Alison & the crew. some of the times i laugh hardest are with my girlies.

9) something i looked forward to this month: meeting Alison's daughter, Gracie, for the first time.

10) something i am thankful for: hugs.

11) something i want to remember about this month: the way it feels to hold a baby. i suspect it will be a while before i get to hold another one.

12) a photo i took this month:

11 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, July 21, 2008 7:15:00 AM  

Mmm - good pic of Lowell there...I see you managed to get his toosh in the pic. LOL!!

gail@more than a song Monday, July 21, 2008 8:28:00 AM  

What a cute picture of you with the little one! I'm going to have a tomato sandwich today with a "real" tomato!

Anonymous,  Monday, July 21, 2008 10:04:00 AM  

Great post! ANd love the picture of you and Heather's cutie!

Debi Monday, July 21, 2008 10:43:00 AM  

These "snapshots" are some of my favorite posts!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 21, 2008 10:54:00 AM  

Krystyn: Hee hee. I wasn't fooling you there was I! ;-)

Gail: Mmmm... Enjoy it for me! I didn't get a tomato this week. The quality just didn't impress me.

April: Not to mention the cleavage! LOL

Debi: I love doing them. I like that I have a moment in my life captured at consistent intervals. I love that I take the time to do this post each month. It's easy because the format stays the same (well I tweaked it a bit from the one I was doing last year, but I like the changes & I plan to keep using this format) and they are so much fun to go back & read!

*krystyn* Monday, July 21, 2008 2:19:00 PM  

Ha Busted! Can't blame ya' though - he does have an irresistible toosh.

Jeanne Monday, July 21, 2008 6:21:00 PM  

Cute pic of you with the munchkin. I can't wait till our tomatoes are ready to eat tomato sandwiches every stinkin' day. I concur, nice shot of Lowell but 'tek would have been better .. hehe. Candle scents.. I find it annoying when by time I get around to trying one and find I really like it they go and discontinue it.

Heather Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:45:00 PM  

we had a blast too!
sex and the city made me cry too.
and well without the risk of you freezing (not to come up in decemeber when baby is newborn)since you are coming in june of next year you will be able to hold a 6 month old baby...not newborn and not the same but still under a year!

Colleen Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:56:00 PM  

Hey what a cute photo ! and what a cute kid!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, July 25, 2008 4:17:00 PM  

Krystyn: And that smile... although that's not in this photo. LOL

Ted: I won't even tell you how many tries it took to get it exactly like that while he warmed up before the game, playing catch with Youk. I probably looked like a stalker. (Shut it. =P )

Jeanne: Tek was too far away warming up for me to get a clear shot in the horrific lighting of the Trop. =( I know what you mean about the candle scents! I still have a bunch of retired scents in my stash. Makes me sad to use the last one. I just finished my last Rain Forest, which I *loved*, earlier in June.

Heather: Oh that's right! I feel so bad -- I forgot about Gosia's baby! (Bad bad Auntie.) I will get to hold him/her in June and then maybe in July too if she is invited to the wedding (and is able to go & decides to bring the baby.)

Colleen: Thanks. =) I am pretty partial to that kid being cute too.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP