Saturday, July 5, 2008

now it's war.

i just learned that the Rays displayed their absolute obnoxiousness, post-game, yet again Wednesday night (by the way, i cannot bring myself to support any Tek-bashing, so i'm just going to pretend i didn't read that part, mm-kay?)

i had no idea they pulled that "Sweet Caroline" bit *again* (they did it last series too) and now, as God is my witness, they will not have the opportunity for a third round of using Neil Diamond as mocking tool, even if i have to steal Lugo's uniforms & play SS myself. besides, even if i stunk, it's not like anyone would know the difference.

plus, there's that little thing ball players do, patting each other on the backside for encouragement... and the way the Sox hug each other when they do something good... i'm sure i can use that for incentive.

::pointedly looks anywhere but toward third base::

oh yeah. and nothing soothes the soul like taking the first two from the Yanks. (what?? you mean there's no possible way we can lose a road series now? i'm not sure i understand...)

3 with their own thoughts:

Bickley Sunday, July 06, 2008 8:53:00 AM  

I'm with you, Dawn. They have gone too far. In the words of the great Bugs Bunny, "This....means....war!!" And also, "He don't know me very well, do he?"

Anonymous,  Monday, July 07, 2008 11:22:00 AM  

Grrr. Extra Innings and MLB.tv both cut away so fast after the end of games that I didn't actually see this happen. :-/ But I believe it. What can you expect from a team that uses a non-retractable dome (though it lives in a state with beautiful weather, most days), uses a cowbell as a motivating tool, and has a mascot that looks like the love child of James Carville and Charlie Tuna?

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 07, 2008 11:32:00 AM  

Joe: Why, whatever do you mean? ::bats eyelashes::

Bickley: Last year, I thought the Rockies were so much fun when they had this sort of run. But the difference is that they acted like wide-eyed kids, full ow awe & so excited. The Rays just come off as having a chip on their shoulder & with an unearned sense of entitlement.

Daniel: I didn't see it either since I turned off my tv before the gloating could begin (or, well, get worse as the case may be). But when I read about it? GRRRR indeed!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP