Monday, July 21, 2008

in eight

i was tagged by Julie about a hundred years ago to do this and i'm finally getting it done. she's probably forgotten she even tagged me by now. (also, i'm not tagging anyone else -- i'm such a rebel -- but if you want to play along, by all means, feel free!)

Eight Things I Have a Passion For:
(beyond the obvious answers of the people i love & my personal faith)
1. the Red Sox -- i'm pretty sure i don't have to explain this.
2. the Patriots -- probably don't have to elaborate on this one either.
3. all things Disney! -- not just the two here in the United States, but the international parks really intrigue me as well!
4. photography -- no way could i do it on a professional level, but i *love* playing with my camera. i would be lost without it. my photos, and the memories they hold, are some of my most prized possessions.
5. children -- they absolutely fascinate me. it is amazing how they start so helpless & incapable of almost everything and in less than a year, look what they accomplish! even though i don't do daycare anymore (nor do i have any of my own), i still keep on the latest "news". i can't help it. i read just about everything i come across.
6. cooking -- some days, i just don't feel like it. others? the need to cook is almost primal & i feel like i need the challenge of a new recipe. i can't explain it any better than that.
7. reading -- i am always reading *something* whether it's a book, a magazine or something online. the form of media doesn't really matter to me, just as long as i have something to read.
8. lists! -- oh how i love a good list. or five.

Eight Things I Would Like to do Before I Die:
1. see a Red Sox playoff game, live & in person.
2. visit all the Disney parks.
3. have a child. (yeah, i know i'm kind of missing some steps between here & there. consider the intermediate steps a given.)
4. pay off my stupid student loan finally!
5. see each of the fifty States -- including Alaska & Hawaii. my grandparents saw all of the 48 contiguous states because they wouldn't fly, and i would love to see some of the same places they did, with my own two eyes, but since flying does not bother me (as long as it's not in a small plane) , i would love to see the other two as well.
6. learn to use a camera that actually has manual settings.
7. see a home game for each of the Major League Baseball teams.
8. visit Washington DC as an adult who can actually appreciate some of the things i saw as a clueless 12-year-old kid.

Eight Things I Say a Lot:
1. seriously.
2. are you kidding me??
3. hello, [company name], how may i help you?
4. is it time to go home yet?
5. crap!
6. ummmm...
7. i don't know.
8. please don't call the bullpen please don't call the bullpen please don't call the bullpen.

Eight Books I Have Read Recently:
(define "recently"...)
1. "Dynasty: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse" by Tony Massarotti (currently reading)
2. "Sex and the City - The Movie" by Amy Sohn
3. "Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell" by Amy Sohn
4. "The Return of the King" by JRR Tolkien
5. "The Two Towers" by JRR Tolkien
6. "The Fellowship of the Ring" by JRR Tolkien
7. "An Acceptable Time" by Madeleine L'Engle
8. "Watching Baseball: Discovering the Game Within the Game" by Jerry Remy

Eight Movies I Have Seen Eight Times:
1. Ocean's Eleven
2. Father of the Bride (Steve Martin remake)
3. Father of the Bride 2
4. The Wizard of Oz
5. As Good As It Gets
6. Jerry Maguire
7. Major League
8. Ever After

12 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, July 21, 2008 12:15:00 PM  

The #8 thing you say a lot cracked me the heck up.

BTW, only 28 road games left!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 21, 2008 12:21:00 PM  

Joe: Sox fans will get it. I wanted something in that one that pertained to the Sox & that's one I say almost every game. Although, numbers 1, 2, 4 & 5 are heard frequently during games as well. =P

That would be 27 road games too many. I do want them to play in Tampa on September 15 since I have a ticket & all. But other than that? No such thing as too much Fenway. Thank God the Rays have a ton of road trips over the rest of the season since they struggle away from home too.

*krystyn* Monday, July 21, 2008 2:17:00 PM  

Oh! I want to see an MLB game in every park too...let's go!!

Michelle Quinno Monday, July 21, 2008 2:55:00 PM  

ROFL on the bull pen comment. You are too funny!

So glad I didn't miss the FF!!

Ted D Monday, July 21, 2008 3:20:00 PM  

Dawn, Funny enough, I think I'VE seen Father of the Bride 1 & 2 at least 8 times as well along with Major League. My others are Shawshank Redemption, Heat, Goodfellas, Bull Durham, and Field of Dreams.

Nichole M Monday, July 21, 2008 5:59:00 PM  

I also want to see all 50 states and go to each ball park! Well, I could give two shits about the House of Pain -- old or new version.

Wasn't that book by Remy freaking awesome? I learned *so* much!

Bickley Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:42:00 AM  

I also want to visit all of the ballparks. I would also love to see a playoff game, either Red Sox or Rangers. The closest I've been is when a co-worker of my wife's got to see two WS games last year, one in Fenway and one in Colorado. He sent me a program, banner and hat. EEEEE!!!!

I've been to DC...I'm still clueless. Seriously, though, it is pretty cool. It just doesn't help any in the quest to understand the fiasco that is our government.

kreed Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:07:00 AM  

It was fun to learn all these 8s about you! How many states have you gotten to so far?

Colleen Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:54:00 PM  

Ohhhhhhhh, I LOVE to make lists! and seen father of the bride and Ever After lots too!

gail@more than a song Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:35:00 PM  

You know, I don't think I've ever seen Jerry Maguire! Well, I've seen little parts of it but never the whole movie from start to finish!
Love the Father of bride movies.

melissa Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:09:00 AM  

Love seeing your 'list'. I have a few of the same wishes ;)

Melissa

~**Dawn**~ Friday, July 25, 2008 4:09:00 PM  

Krystyn: Cool! We can try to time AL games for when the home team is playing either the Sox or Tigers!

Mamichelle: But you knew exactly what I meant, didn't you. ;-)

Ted: I could totally see you as Steve Martin's character in the Father of the Bride movies when Ciera gets married. ;-)

Nichole: I have already been to NY-Bronx with a church group years ago, so we can skip that one for you. And even though I have been to the Trop & you haven't, I don't mind adding that to the list. ;-) And yes, that was a *great* book. I constantly find myself using it as a reference tool as well. It's right out in easy reach all baseball season long.

Bickley: I want to see the buildings & the Smithsonians & the monuments & the history. I don't expect to understand the government.

kreed: Connecticut & Florida (LOL). Maine. Vermont. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New York. Massachusetts. Virginia. Pennsylvania. Lousiana. California. Not counting various airport layovers. ;-)

Colleen: Lists are wonderful. =)

Gail: It's a funny movie. Some of the lines in that movie crack me up. Especially the scene with Tom Cruise & Cuba Gooding Jr in the locker room.

Melissa: Which wishes did we have in common? =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP