Sunday, July 6, 2008

is this proof that gas prices really are too high?


taken in the parking lot of my local (not in the country) Publix grocery store this afternoon. (sorry about the size and the crappy photo. all i had was my phone.)

18 with their own thoughts:

CelticBuffy Sunday, July 06, 2008 4:09:00 PM  

Did they have any recyclable grocery bags with them? I love it. The photo brought an unexpected chuckle for the day. :)

Reverend Ref + Sunday, July 06, 2008 6:02:00 PM  

I'm thinking, "And . . . ???"

It looks like home to me. ;-)

Mom Sunday, July 06, 2008 8:59:00 PM  

Yup, I think that confirms it!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:15:00 PM  

I would have had a hard time staying away... I would have wanted to pet them! LOL!

Catie Pearl Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:51:00 PM  

No offense but it is Lakeland. Its not all that surprising to me, hilarious? yes!

I'm so glad the sox left town, I wanted to shoot MDC and Hansen

Ingrid Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:11:00 PM  

Oh my gosh! Whre do you park a horse? Hmmm.....

Mega Monday, July 07, 2008 9:31:00 AM  

That is too awesome. Did you tell them to meet you at the OK Corral at high noon?

Anonymous,  Monday, July 07, 2008 10:47:00 AM  

THAT. IS. AWESOME. Please tell me you went up to them and talked to them!!! Did they come out of the supermarket with carrots in hand as treats?

Nichole M Monday, July 07, 2008 10:58:00 AM  

Yes. I think it does. Now... does Publix have to have a trough and a place to tie up your horse? Like in the old west?

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 07, 2008 11:15:00 AM  

Celticbuffy: I didn't notice! I was too busy being shocked to see them. I wonder how they got what they bought home...

Rev: Let's just say it's *not* something I have ever seen!

holly wood: I was in my car or I might have been equally tempted. I couldb't believe they weren't more disturbed by all the traffic!

catie: In some areas, yes, but this was not in a Publix location that I would have expected it though. This was a bit more downtown in a high traffic area!

Ingrid: I can't say as though I know...

Mega: I would be too afraid they would take me up on it!

LFM: I was in my car leaving, but I did smile & wave! (Probably the least I could do after taking their photo. Heh.)

Nichole: We don't. I'm not even sure there is a bike rack. They may need to consider this option though. ;-)

Anonymous,  Monday, July 07, 2008 11:29:00 AM  

OK, am I going a little too far on the cynical side when I say I wonder how long it will take them to be fined, cited or arrested for this? :-/ Seems these days in our society if you do something innovative..

Seriously, though, did they have poop-bags? I hope they weren't pooping randomly through the parking lot!

Anonymous,  Monday, July 07, 2008 11:50:00 AM  

Tht is freaking AWESOME! LOL

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 07, 2008 11:52:00 AM  

Daniel: I don't know. This *is* still Polk County, so I am sure it's not illegal. ;-) I didn't think to check out the horse's butts though! LOL

April: I am telling you, why is it I never have my real camera when I need it!

Rhea Monday, July 07, 2008 10:49:00 PM  

hahaha I've been telling my kids for a while now that we all need to start riding horses again. Totally fun.

gail@more than a song Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:23:00 AM  

I would say yes!
And I try to never leave home without my camera, but it usually works out that way, you don't have it when you want it.
My youngest bought a scooter before he left for Alaska...we probably should be using it! 80 miles to the gallon.

Colleen Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:31:00 PM  

HA HA HA! Fabulous ! This belongs on the news!

Julie Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:55:00 PM  

That is too much.
Next you will see a horse and buggy instead of a mini-van. Can you install a carseat in a buggy??

Maybe I need to get a horse, when If) I move to the 'country'

Rocks Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:17:00 PM  

haha! the answer would probably yes..it's because of the ever icreasing price of gas :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP