Saturday, March 12, 2016

This Week on My TV: March 12, 2016

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(The Good Wife, 7x16 Hearing) That whole "we have bagels" bit was crazy hilarious. Including the entertained expression on Jason's face through the entire thing. -- This episode was a weird format with the vent eavesdropping that was often so difficult to hear. Which I realize was the point, but it was still frustrating. -- Do we even know what on earth is this hearing about? Or who?

**(Scandal, 5x11 The Candidate) I think it's time to say that Scandal is officially on notice for me. It went from must-see, during its first two seasons, to nearly unwatchable in the next two. Now, we're half way through season five, and there are more meh episodes than really good ones, which leaves me little room remaining that the show will recover its form. It feels like most of the episodes are little else than soapboxing for Shonda Rhimes. It's like Facebook come to life. Which...not anything I want to see. She's taken my two favorite "basically good guys" -- Jake and David -- and turned them into dirtbag characters who do ugly things, which means we're left with no one "wearing the white hat." Everyone is simply out to get everyone else without any sense of morals at all. I miss the balance Pope and Associates brought to the table. Now, I can't even remember the last case they worked, which begs the question: what purpose do Huck and Quinn...and Marcus (?...I don't even know his name!) even serve? Scandal, you have what's left of this season to win me back. There are too many other shows and activities with which I can occupy my time to keep watching a show that is a mockery of its former self.

**(Once Upon a Time, 5x12 Souls of the Departed) I'm not exactly sure what purpose this episode served, other than to show us that Orange Storybrooke is proving to be one giant reunion, meaning no character on this show is ever guaranteed gone forever. A show brimming with magic has its perks!

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP