Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturdays Are for Weddings: 17 Weeks

We have been inching along with the details, but this week, *so* much got accomplished! Invitations arrived. My first fitting got scheduled. We settled on someone to do hair and makeup. We got to meet with the contact at the venue to discuss times and menu options and room arrangement and napkin colors. We had an appointment with the DJ and made some progress in the music department.

And we ate cake. Oh my word did we eat cake. And frosting. And fillings.

And this is what I can tell you:
1. We signed our contract and we *love* who we chose.
2. We are locked in on our flavors and I am so excited!
3. I don't want to see anymore cake until September.
4. Fondant is seven levels of nasty. Why do people willingly coat their cake in that...waxy gum??

And here's my bit of advice when it comes to shopping for your own cake: Ask what their contingency plan is if, say, something cuts them off on their way to deliver or they trip while carrying it in. Because we went to one bakery where, I kid you not, the answer was "We'll supply you with a dummy cake for display and photos, and refund your money." A fake cake?! Ummm...pray tell, what will I give my guests for dessert?! Wrong answer, madame baker.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP