Monday, August 1, 2011

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: July 2011

A photo of me:

This is what happen when T tries to get me to smile more for photos. Things get silly quickly.

1) Candle scents this month:
Juicy Watermelon. Cherry Lemonade. Sweet Honeysuckle. Pineapple Cilantro. Island Guava. Fruit Salad. Storm Watch. Ocean Blossom. Beach Walk. Granny Smith. Island Spa.

2) What I am reading this month:
I am almost exactly halfway through "Atlas Shrugged" (Ayn Rand) & every time I put it down, I cannot wait to pick it back up again to see what happens next.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"The Woman With You," by Kenny Chesney. "Life Ain't Always Beautiful," by Gary Allan. "I Never Told You," by Colbie Caillat.

4) Movies I saw:
Tombstone.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
The Meredith monologues at the beginning & end of the season finale of Grey's Anatomy, "Unaccompanied Minor"--some of the best in a long time.

6) Something yummy I made:
The sauce for the Brown Sugar Glazed Pork came out *so* good this time!

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Macaroni Grill. Gigi's.

8) Five things I am loving this month:
Mike Lowell making appearances at Red Sox games. Pinterest. Making my diamond sparkle. The Red Sox going 20-6 in the month of July, the best July record in franchise history. Peanut Butter M&Ms--seriously wondering if I need an intervention the way I can put these things away.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To actually tell my hair stylist I wanted to make some kind of change. Don't get me wrong. I still love my hair. And it's questionable to make a change when people still tell you how cute it is. But it's been more than eight years. So I asked her if we could change it just a *little* & see where it went. For now, we're just growing out the top a bit. We'll see what happens next.

10) This month I looked forward to:
Catching a weekend Sox series in Tampa! Got more than we bargained for when the Sunday night game went 6 hours & 16 innings. Also: the air conditioning for the entire dome is located on the press level. Bring a jacket if you ever sit there. Bonus: Got to have an early dinner with friends while in the area!

11) Something that made me cry this month:
It is an unbelievably helpless feeling to watch someone you love in so much pain & know that there is not a single thing you can do to make it stop.

12) A photo I took this month:

First really beautiful sunset I've caught in a long time. I miss having more than two windows that look at something more than directly into tree trunks.

2 with their own thoughts:

Theresa Little,  Monday, August 01, 2011 7:16:00 AM  

Sounds like a good month! :)

Janet Monday, August 01, 2011 4:49:00 PM  

That's a great picture of you :-) <3 Tombstone!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP