Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: April 2011

A photo of me:

Steven & me, toasting Nichole with a Happy Easter & a "Go Sox!"

1) Candle scents this month:
Cinnamon Stick. Applewood Orchard.

2) What I am reading this month:
Finished Firefly Lane (Kristin Hannah). The Wednesday Letters (Jason F. Wright). Started reading Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand).

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Edge of Desire," John Mayer. "Sparks Fly," Taylor Swift. "I'd Rather Be in Love," Michelle Branch.

4) Movies I saw:
How Do You Know? Atlas Shrugged: Part 1.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
Is it sad that the only thing I remember about tv in April is watching (painful) Sox games? I really should record my thoughts each month as they occur...

6) Something yummy I made:
This Linguine with Clam Sauce recipe was so easy & *so* yummy, I was still thinking about the leftovers I brought for lunch the next day.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
True Food. Pacific Whey Cafe. CPK. A couple of different places within the Pacific Club. The Sheraton Park Grill (in the hotel where we stayed during my California trip). The Diamond Club at Angel Stadium (for Easter brunch before the game). Arby's.

8) Five things I was loving this month:
Sox sweeping the Angels & getting to be present for two of the four games. Turbulence-free flights. Easter candy. The hymns for Holy Week. New luggage that doesn't rattle so loud it echoes as I roll it through the airport or shed more & more pieces every time I unzip it.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To get a clean bill of health at my 4-week follow-up. I would say I met my goal since Dr P told me I was actually healing ahead of schedule!

10) This month I looked forward to:
Feeling better.

11) Something that made me laugh this month:
Dr P asking me for a hug after my exam. While I was wearing no pants. I do believe I am fresh out of modesty at this point.

12) A photo I took this month:
Well, *I* didn't take it, Nichole did, but we saw Air Force One coming in for a landing at LAX right outside the window of the restaurant where we were sitting.

2 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:29:00 PM  

Yippee for the clean bill of health! I just had a mammogram, they saw calcifications, so I had a biopsy...all clear!

And those two candle scents together I bet are amazing :-)

Anonymous,  Monday, May 09, 2011 10:41:00 AM  

Cute pic, love the sox gear. :-) And that is so cool about Air Force One!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP