Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: November 2011

A photo of me:

Quite possibly my most favorite photo taken of myself in years!

1) Candle scents this month:
Autumn Fruit. Be Thankful. Orchard Pear. Cranberry Chutney.Cinnamon Stick. Mulling Spices. Cafe Au Lait. Vanilla Satin. Mountain Lodge. Pumpkin Pie. Maple Pancakes. Spiced Pumpkin. Harvest. Apple Cider.

2) What I am reading this month:
I didn't do much reading this month. By the time I climb into bed, I've been ready to sleep. So... I am *still* reading Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand). I am determined to finish this book before the end of 2011!

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"The Best Day," by Taylor Swift. "Crazy Girl," by Eli Young Band. "Just a Kiss," by Lady Antebellum.

4) Movies I saw:
Shrek the Third.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
Hands down, the one that sticks in my mind the most is "The Good Guy Fluctuation" (The Big Bang Theory): "Bazina, punk! NOW we're even!!" You know you've found a good episode when you have a line that immediately becomes part of your everyday language. "In-Between" (Parenthood) made me tear up more than once (too bad I was watching at work over lunchtime!); this show is so freaking good. And then there was "The Rebound Girl" (How I Met Your Mother). Holy bombshell, people!

6) Something yummy I made:
The Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans I made for Thanksgiving were outstanding (if I do say so myself).

7) Restaurants where I ate:
California Grill (Disney's Contemporary resort hotel). Yak & Yeti (Disney's Animal Kingdom). O'hana (Disney's Polynesian resort hotel). Kouzzina (Disney's Boardwalk). Biergarten (EPCOT, Germany pavilion).

8) Five things I am loving this month:
1. See's Apple Pie Truffles. Like a perfect little mouthful of apple pie a la mode. 2. Marie's Honey Mustard dressing. I love a good honey mustard. The problem is finding a good one. So many are either too sweet or too mustard-y. This is one the perfect balance! 3. The time change: it is *finally* getting light out side before 8am! I loathe dark mornings. 4. Our new real estate agent. 5. Cooler weather.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To find a dress and a hair style for my wedding. I wanted to find the dress while Nichole was in town on vacation, so I wouldn't have to go alone, and I needed to settle on a hairstyle so I would have time to make sure my hair would be long enough (if necessary). Done and done!

10) This month I looked forward to:
Playing at Disney with two of my best friends. It wears me out, but since we live so far apart, I have to take advantage of these opportunities when they present themselves.

11) Something I want to be thankful for this month:
I am grateful that my family and friends back in New England made it through the Halloween snowstorm safely, even though some were without power for a considerable period of time. I am also thankful I live where that kind of storm is even less likely that it was there. (In the twenty-five years I lived up there, I never once recall snow being on the ground for Halloween.)

12) A photo I took this month:

1 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Monday, December 05, 2011 11:12:00 PM  

Those green beans at the bottom look delish!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP