Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Watch TV: December 27, 2011

1. Name a tv show of which you have seen every episode at least twice:
Friends. Everybody Loves Raymond. Sex and the City. Grey's Anatomy -- except for this most current season.

2. Name a show you couldn't miss:
The DVR makes must-see tv less urgent, and online and OnDemand viewing are a good safety for most DVR failures, but the ones I am most quickly drawn to? How I Met Your Mother. Parenthood. Grey's Anatomy. The Good Wife. Mad Men. Dexter. The Big Bang Theory. Fringe. Blue Bloods. Pan Am. Once Upon a Time.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
James Spader. (Though it didn't work for The Office. Still not interested.) And Tom Selleck.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show:
Ryan Seacrest. Maybe he doesn't qualify as an actor, but he would still make me want to change the channel  as soon as possible.

5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from:
Friends. All the time.

6. Name a show you like that no one else you know enjoys:
I don't know, thanks to my online buddies, that there is *any* show I watch about which I can say that! I think I know at least one person with whom I have each of my shows in common.

7. Name a tv show theme song which you have been known to sing:
Friends. Frasier. Two and a Half Men. The Big Bang Theory.

8. Name a show you would recommend everyone watch:
Fringe - This is one crazy, cool show with so many awesome details, but you do have to start from the beginning. Boston Legal - One of my hands-down favorite shows. Parenthood - Some of the best acting, writing and cast chemistry *ever*. The Big Bang Theory - So.Freaking.Funny.

9. Name a tv series you own:
Friends. Boston Legal. Sex and the City. Mad Men (through season 4). Grey's Anatomy (through season 7). Private Practice (through Season 4). T owns Dexter (through season 5). Season 1 of The Big Bang Theory. And I would love to add Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier to the collection, and start with the first couple seasons of The Good Wife and Parenthood.

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised  you with his/her acting choices on television:
I have been very pleasantly surprised by Donnie Wahlberg on Blue Bloods. He's really good!

11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series?
Oh man... I can't narrow it down to anymore than two. Friends, "The One with the Ballroom Dancing" (season 4, episode 4) - when Chandler wants to quit the gym. Sex and the City, "An American Girl in Paris, Part Deux" (season 6, episode 20) - that ending is just the best.

12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven't gotten around to yet:
Boardwalk Empire.

13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
I gave up on ER after they killed off Dr Green. I tried to watch Friends With Benefits but I gave up on it very quickly. I am sure there have been others, but if they weren't worth watching, they weren't worth remembering either.

14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times:
Grey's Anatomy. Private Practice. Harry's Law. Parenthood. Men in Trees.

15. What do you eat when you watch tv?
It depends. I've eaten meals while watching tv, and snacks too. There isn't really anything specific I save for tv-watching. Anything I eat is fair game for eating while I watch tv.

16. How often do you watch tv?
Most evenings.

17. What's the last tv show you watched?
I haven't watched a *show* in several days since I am a houseguest with friends; we've been watching movies. I believe the last show I watched was an episode of Grey's Anatomy when I was catching up on some backlogged DVR.

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of tv?
I watch all sorts of tv. I have equal shares of crime drama, legal drama, medical drama, sitcom and what have you. If it's well-written and entertains me, I am likely to enjoy it. It's easier to say that I loathe reality tv. The closest I get to it is Top Chef.

19. What was the first tv show you were obsessed with?
Hmmm... Full House? Beverly Hills 90210?

20. What tv show do you wish you had never watched?
I don't watch if I'm not interested, therefore I have none I wish I hadn't watched.

21. What's the weirdest show you enjoyed?
I guess I would need a better definition of 'weird' because it could mean 'mind-bending' or it could mean a show that just made me shake my head that I would watch it. Going with the latter, I would say Ghost Whisperer.

22. What was the single most memorable program you ever saw on tv?
Vague questions like this one and the last irritate me. Do they mean the whole series? A single episode? A stand-alone show? While it wasn't my favorite episode, the episode of ER when Dr Romano gets his hand chopped off has always stuck in my mind. I was horrified. That was the very last one I ever watched.

23. What tv show scared you the most?
Fringe routinely scares me. I have to watch on Saturday mornings when it's light out and there are many hours before I sleep again.

24. What's the funniest tv show you ever watched?
Friends. The Big Bang Theory. Both have made me laugh hysterically on many occasions.

25. What show was cancelled too early into its run?
Cane. Men In Trees. Lipstick Jungle. And if it doesn't get picked up for another season, I will add Pan Am to this list too.

courtesy of Kwizgiver

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP