Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Angels - Gold

This is one of my favorite representations. I love what my third angel, Gilda, stands for: Gold - Tradition. Traditions are very important to me. I love the celebration of a ritual that has been passed down from my grandparents to my parents to me...and maybe one day my own children and grandchildren. There is a warm comfort in thinking about all the times a tradition has been honored by people I love. When I look at Gilda, in her golden gown, I think about what she is intended to mean, about the people I love, about the generations-old traditions...and the new ones I've created with T.



Gilda represents time, memory and every precious thing that endures. Her gown of gold brings to mind the star that tops the tree or the golden glow of a flame passed from candle to candle. She brings her message of gratitude for those who have shared in our traditions through the years - passing them on, receiving them, creating new ones. She is a shining celebration of tradition and the many ways it enriches the season.
(description found on ornament box)

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP