Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Angels - Red

Back in 2005, Hallmark had a collection of ornaments called "Joyful Tidings." There were five angels in the collection, each wearing a different color representing part of the Christmas season. I fell in love with them immediately, but at nearly $20 each, there was no way I would be adding them to my collection of Christmas angels. The following year, though, thanks to some skillful Ebay maneuvers, I managed ot get all five in my possession for a grand total of $24--two of them for only $2 each! I look forward to taking them out each Christmas. The details are amazing and they truly do convey the spirit of Christmas. I have been meaning to photograph and share them for several years now.

The first of the angels is Red - Love. Her name is Cordelia.



Cordelia wears warm red to help her do what angels do - bear messages from heart to heart. She brings to mind the rosy cheeks a mother kisses when her child comes in from the cold, the crimson ribbon on a package for a special someone, or the red-mittened hands that reach out to embrace a friend. Cordelia serves as a tender reminder of love in all its forms.
(description found on ornament box)

2 with their own thoughts:

Sarah Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:03:00 AM  

I love those Angels!
My grandmother collected angel ornaments (my grandfather bought them every year, but he passed away in 2004 which makes sense as to why I haven't seen these ones!) - when she passed away I got her collection and I now have a mini Angel tree. They are so special to me. Can't wait to see the rest of them :)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:10:00 AM  

Sarah: It's funny--I seem to be drawn to very specific Christmas icons in all my decorations! I collect angels, stars, snowflakes, icicles, snowmen, jingle bells, nativity scenes and "baked goods." I have a few other items scattered in there--the occasional Santa or an ornament commemorating a favorite Christmas show/movie, some Sox/Patriots stuff, maybe a cardinal or a pinecone or what have you--but my decorations are dominated by those collections I mentioned. And of all my decorations, these angels are some of my very favorite. I love the details and the meaning behind each of them.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP