Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here...

1. Worst Christmas song? 
 The Twelve Days of Christmas. One year, I got trapped in the airport in Houston, awaiting my connecting flight to California, which was a plane delayed arriving from Buffalo. It was getting later in the evening. The terminal had nearly emptied, enough so that the music could be heard clearly. And it was stuck on that song, on constant loop. If I ever hear that song again... My one and only exception is the version done by Straight No Chaser.


2. If you were a Christmas character, who would you be? 
 Christmas character? Like from a Christmas show or movie? Probably Linus in "Charlie Brown Christmas."

3. What type of decoration should stop being made?
I can't think of one that should stop being made but I do believe it should be made impossible for people to combine steady, flashing and chasing lights. Just pick one and go with it. The combination make my brain hurt!

4. Tastiest holiday treat?
I love anything that combines chocolate and peppermint!

5. Favorite pop culture Christmas icon?
Buddy the Elf!

6. Know how to make cookies/brownies/cake from scratch?
Um, yes. And that is still on my Christmas "To Do" list!

7. Ever cut your mouth on a candy cane/candy?
No... Is this a common hazard from which I have been spared?

8. What other country would you like to experience Christmas traditions?
I don't know how "adventurous" this is, considering my family heritage, but I think Germany would be at the top of my list.

9. What kind of pattern/pictures do you like on your wrapping paper?
Snowflakes are a particular favorite!

10. Will you make a Christmas picture for your blog/Facebook profile?
Specifically? No. But I am sure there will be some taken that will find their ways to those places!

11. Three best things about Christmas?
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, when I feel an indescribable combination of peace and joy. Finding the perfect gift for someone special to me. Sitting in the glow of just the Christmas tree lights.

2 with their own thoughts:

Gail Friday, December 09, 2011 5:18:00 PM  

Chocolate and peppermint, yum! One of my faves too.
I love Straight No Chaser's 12 days of Christmas!

Janet Monday, December 12, 2011 4:37:00 PM  

Love your answer to #11 :-) and i love chocolate and peppermint too!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP