Thursday, September 13, 2007

i smell a...

...trip to Yankee Candle coming on in my very near future! new Autumn fragrances! familiar favorite Autumn scents! the only problem is that i used to be able to hit up the flagship store at the start of each new season. the little dinky stores at the mall just don't cut it. sure, they have all the jarred candles, but what i miss is the huge room with row after row filled with unwrapped Samplers... and the votives are what i like to buy, because it lets me sample a variety of scents & change frequently, instead of committing to a whole big jar. (and also, i am not forcing myself to pick only one or two scents in jar form, when i can try more for my money with the votive size! you know how bad i am with decisions by now, right? LOL!)

i am especially intrigued by these four new scents. i am a sucker for anything apple-spicy, so Cider Donut and Fall Festival sound like they could be delicious. Autumn Woods bears a sniff. and my Gram used to make what she called Magic Bars, but they looked exactly like the picture on Coconut Cookie Bar.


my perennial Autumn favorites need restocking. Apple Cider... Warm Apple Crisp... Farmhouse Apple... (i *told* you i love all thing apple-spicy!) and Cranberry Chutney is the perfect blend of sweet & tart.


i'm torn between these though. Spiced Pumpkin is the original, and a definite signature Autumn scent. then they came out with Pumpkin Pie, and it just did not impress me. Frosted Pumpkin makes me wonder though... will it be a new addition? or a let-down, like i found Pumpkin Pie...?

13 with their own thoughts:

Chele76 Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:32:00 PM  

those ALL sound, look (and hopefully smell) WONDERFUL. I've always loved candles, but never really had the opportunity to burn. Now I burn a candle in the kitchen quite often... and I am in the need to find a home for a candle or two in the dining room / living room area.

Anonymous,  Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:51:00 PM  

i gt the cocnut one and some others this weekend!!

Janet Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:57:00 PM  

Autumn Woods and Fall Festival smell GREAT! I ADORE Farmhouse Apple :-)

*krystyn* Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:59:00 PM  

Yum!! Cider donut sounds awesome as does anything pumpkin-y and spicy. I just ate an official cider donut - brought to me all the way from Michigan by my mom. Cider Mills are one of the many things I miss most about the north.

I may have to go to Yankee Candle now and it will be all your fault. :-)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:23:00 PM  

I get their emails and mailers and have been wondering how some of these new scents smell. I want to smell several of them, including the Cider Donut and the Creme Brulee. I may have to go light either my Spiced Pumpkin or my much lower (more favored!) Farmhouse Apple instead :)

Let us know what you get and how it smells!

Heather Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:52:00 PM  

maybe a trip up north to see new babies and to go to the outlets should be in your future (brain washing to a best friend we all miss up here ;) ) we will keep you warm i promise!

Jeanne Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:19:00 PM  

Oh sweetie, if you came up here we could visit, I live down the street. Check my post for today we just had one of our employee sale days. Check our Pomagrante Cider it's divine and so is Cider Donut. The Coconut COokie Bar is great and Fall Festival is a good medley of fall fragrances.

gail@more than a song Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:32:00 PM  

Those look wonderful and I can almost smell them! It might be time for me to get a new one too...you know, I had the pumpkin pie scent one year and it was one of my favorites! I liked it better than the spiced one.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, September 13, 2007 9:53:00 PM  

i went after work today. full report to follow for those of you that are interested.

Krystyn: Hey, I rarely ever can be accused of enabling! ;-)

Heather: I've got one eye on good deals, I promise. =)

Jeanne: Can I just tell you how much my jealousy has multiplied?? LOL

Anonymous,  Friday, September 14, 2007 9:35:00 AM  

The ban is still in effect. :-P

Anonymous,  Friday, September 14, 2007 11:18:00 PM  

Whew! I knew I liked you, LOL! I have cranberry chutney in the car jar form. Lovin' it! That Cider Donut sounds yummy! Can I come shopping with you??? LOL!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP