Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Girl on the Other Coast: September 8, 2012

My friend G, who lives (shockingly) on "the other coast," and I have decided to collaborate on a little blog project. Every other week, we are going to compose "tandem posts"...the catch being, I am going to post hers over here and she's going to post mine over there! We've both been feeling a little overwhelmed lately and our blogging has suffered as a result, so this should keep it fun as well as having the other person playing a motivation factor. We thought we would shoot for every other Saturday and see how it goes. They won't be in the same format each time. In fact, you'll never know quire what we've cooked up! Without further adieu...

Meet G. =)


Best Shower Song: When I was in choir (for 8 years) I would always practice my music in the shower. What can I say? There are great acoustics in there! My favorite songs though? The Star Spangled Banner, Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You, and O Holy Night (during Christmas). Like I said, great acoustics.

Best Vice: I don't know if I have a vice. But prosciutto ALWAYS makes me feel better. Always.

Best Thrill: I love Disneyland!! I'm super jealous that Dawn can go to WDW as often as she wants. Clearly I need to visit. I'm just saying. Honestly, I literally can't fall asleep the night before going to The Happiest Place on Earth. I'm like a little kid just giddy with excitement. Dawn...do you agree?

Best Recent Read: I'm still working on "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.

Best Friend: Jen and I have known each other for 18 years (18 years!). I also consider Scott my best friend. I have a few really good friends as well which makes me feel blessed.

Best Hidden Talent: Hmm...this is a tough one. Is sarcasm a talent? Because I'm fabulous at that! I taught myself how to play the piano. It's true! I took a music class in 7th grade and learned the scale and how to read music. The rest is history. I don't really share that with people because I'm afraid they'll ask me to play for them and it makes me nervous. So shh...

Curious what my answers were? (Humor me. Pretend you're curious.) Take a virtual voyage to Little Italy and find out!

***************************************
(edit to add my answers)


Best Shower Song: I only sing (alone) in the car! In the car, it's a dead tie between "Her Eyes" by Pat Monahan and "Hello World" by Lady Antebellum. People can probably hear me outside my car. I'm going to just keep pretending my car is a soundproof bubble
.
Best Vice: I don't know if it this technically falls under the dictionary definition of a vice, but I must have some form of dessert after dinner, every single day, even if it's just a couple of M&Ms. If I skip dessert, something ominous is most certainly afoot.

Best Thrill: I am the most boring human being alive, so for me, it would be riding Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom. Ask me again after saying marriage vows though. ;-)

Best Recent Read: "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. But that isn't the best book I've *ever* read.

Best Friend: Oh, see this is too hard. I don't have one best friend. I am so very lucky that I have a small circle of people who fall under that category. Not counting T, who is a category unto himself, Nichole, Daniel, Alison and Heather are the people for whom I would do anything, the people who already *have* done anything for me.

Best Hidden Talent: Play a commercial with a celebrity voice over and I can tell you who it is. Sometimes, T tells me I am crazy, so we look it up. I honestly can't remember the last time I was wrong!

1 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP